What vinyl are you spinning now?

swt61

• 2 weeks later...

431B509C-A89E-4BAF-A5DF-12BE051E3B23.jpeg.6cd181f5d9fe1f137932e4b6a1c823a7.jpeg

This is an impex reissue of early Columbia era Sinatra, and historically was his first album to feature him on all swing, uptempo tunes. I have never heard Frank sound this real! Impex knocked it out of the park mastered from original master tape, gatefold cover and some of the best liner notes in booklet form I’ve ever read. $35! Insane value. Please buy now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Won't actually be spinning it until Monday, but picked this up on Amazon. This album and Nick Hayward really influanced my direction for years to come.

I still love those British groups with those smooth, crooner voices. Spandau Ballet, ABC, Style Council, etc...

Something about those industrial cities that birthed such amazing talent.

3711643-2509127_400x.jpg

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Something about those industrial cities that birthed such amazing talent.

As a fan of several Manchester groups who were NOT necessarily smooth, crooner voices (Joy Division, Chameleons, Smiths, Fall, Durutti Column, Buzzcocks, etc.) I still thoroughly agree!

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1

"Great creativity comes from great hardship"

As a form of escapism from the reality of the times ( no job, no future)  - form a band with your mates.

And you could do it "on the dole"

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/horace-trubridge/class-and-the-arts_b_8647352.html

Plus, it's grim up north.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_Grim_Up_North

Although, sometimes, it's not all bad 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, recstar24 said:

This is an impex reissue of early Columbia era Sinatra, and historically was his first album to feature him on all swing, uptempo tunes. I have never heard Frank sound this real! Impex knocked it out of the park mastered from original master tape, gatefold cover and some of the best liner notes in booklet form I’ve ever read. $35! Insane value. Please buy now. 

Done. Thanks.

• Like 1