Tweaks that shouldn't work, but do

aerius

The loops of litz wire tweak. This is quite possibly the strangest tweak I've heard of, get loops of wire and attach them to the ground connections of CD players, amps, and speakers. Sure, whatever, someone is on drugs. Then a few weeks ago I had my CD player open to make sure all the mods I'd done were still holding up, and while I had it open I thought, "time to prove someone IS on drugs", so I made a couple wire loops and put them on the RCA output grounds.

I can't believe this shit works. I have no idea why, but it does. I've since applied the tweak to my amp and it works there too. It's relatively small difference, but the effects are as claimed by the inventor.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that to get the most out of the cryo process you have to use a cryo'd cryo machine. Of course the machine that cryo's the cryo'd cryo should also be cryo'd. And considering that the first cryo machine couldn't possibly be a cryo'd cryo the whole process is rendered null and void.

I've heard that to get the most out of the cryo process you have to use a cryo'd cryo machine. Of course the machine that cryo's the cryo'd cryo should also be cryo'd. And considering that the first cryo machine couldn't possibly be a cryo'd cryo the whole process is rendered null and void.
No, you could always use one machine to cryo another, then use that machine to cryo the first. That way, the last machine to get cryo'd gets cryo'd by a cryo'd machine.

That is, if it still works after the cryo process.

No, you could always use one machine to cryo another, then use that machine to cryo the first. That way, the last machine to get cryo'd gets cryo'd by a cryo'd machine.

That is, if it still works after the cryo process.

Whoa that blew a bulb up in mah brain :P

Cryo machine? What machine? They dip it in a vat :laugh:

* Ramp Down-- The parts are first slowly cooled, using LN2, at a specified, tightly controlled rate until they are brought down to the target temperature.

They chuck it in the vat. By flying though the air, the item is cooled. Then it hits the target temperature when it splashes in.

* The Soak--The parts are then subjected to a very precise program that varies both the temperature and time held at various temperatures for a period of 20-40 hours. The exact temperature reached, the temperature variances and times held have been developed over the past few years by us and are unique to the Locus Design Group. The various programs, or "profiles", that we use are proprietary and designed to elicit the best performance for our valuable audio parts.

It stays in the vat for a couple days. The "profile" is due to the liquid warming up, then they pour more in. They pour at proprietory, aka random times because the time entropy cleans up any magnetic fields that build up.

* Return to Ambient--The chamber is slowly allowed to return to ambient temperature. The temperature ascent is closely monitored to ensure that it does not ascend too rapidly.

They wait till it all evaporates, then they proceed to lift the vat, rotate it's axis, then let the object free fall in an advanced audiophile fashion into a corrugated cardboard box. The box then sits in the cryo treated warehouse (intarnet bizness guy's basement) until it is shipped out to your own doorstep, ready to reveal the hidden air in your system today!

http://avataracoustics.com/acousticsystem/resonators.php

never tried them but I seriously bet they do make a sonic difference in the room..how? cause they use the most important things i learned in my short time with acoustics on hand..Acoustical, Mechanical, and to a smaller extent electrical.. of course these use tiny amounts but i would still bet they do something of a sonic difference..

and no i am not trying these out, my room is tuned so bad now the last thing i need is more shit on my walls.

i had a silver shot glass i received as a gift in my room on my computer desk which is to the left of my rig..i did not think much about it till i sat down and listened to the speaker rig as i always do. something this time was off..like really off about the balance. i gave it a few days thinking my ears might of been messing up and mean while i did some shots in my garage with a few friends so i used the metal shot glass to drink. next day speaker rig sounded the way it was supposed to..the only thing in my room that changed was the shot glass not being in the room again. brought it back and played with it while listening..little fucker was like a super tweeter with highs..seriously like it grabbed the highs and threw them all over the place. the shot glass was almost the same shape as those silver bowls on the resonators..its weird how some of the smaller things can have somuch of an affect on acoustics in the entire room..maybe its that fine of a balance i guess.

The issue isnt whether your silver shot glass or their silver resonator and the materials. Obviously they contribute because of their mechanical shape...

The problem is why is platinum and gold better sounding than copper or silver or whatever on that website? It just seems too convenient of a coincidence. Why does gold cables seem to be advertised as both warm AND detailed? What the fuck? So silver is more detailed because its shiny and costs more and copper is warm because of the color- so by that logic gold is warm because of the color and detailed because of the price?

Just like wood. The rarer/prettier the wood the better it sounds? I swear people are retarded.

The issue isnt whether your silver shot glass or their silver resonator and the materials. Obviously they contribute because of their mechanical shape...

The problem is why is platinum and gold better sounding than copper or silver or whatever on that website? It just seems too convenient of a coincidence. Why does gold cables seem to be advertised as both warm AND detailed? What the fuck? So silver is more detailed because its shiny and costs more and copper is warm because of the color- so by that logic gold is warm because of the color and detailed because of the price?

Just like wood. The rarer/prettier the wood the better it sounds? I swear people are retarded.

of course thats where they are making the profits higher..i still think there would be some sonic change with those.

of course thats where they are making the profits higher..i still think there would be some sonic change with those.

Well yea, air is being moved, the slightest difference in the room would change the sound. The ringing of the cups are intruders in to the music, which is why you heard it. Say someone entered the room, the sound would change alot too, but isnt in the form of intrusion like added ringing or the such, more subtle because the change is still music.

I can do that. OK, billy will tell all this is true. I did offer to be part of billy's team if he does the

ground work for the head-fest 2008 in chicago.

I also agreed to bring an infinite amount of liquid nitrogen and a dipping dewar. People can cryo

anything on the spot. For FREE!!!!!

Requirements: someone with a pickup truck, van or other such vehicle preferably with a lift gate

so that i can bring the dipping dewar, and as many 100 liter tanks of N2 that we will need. And

a strong person. 100 liter tanks weigh about 325 lbs full. Make that 2 other people...

Am I crazy or what??

We can start with billy's penis. Anyone have a tweezers and a magnifying glass ???

I can do that. OK, billy will tell all this is true. I did offer to be part of billy's team if he does the

ground work for the head-fest 2008 in chicago.

I also agreed to bring an infinite amount of liquid nitrogen and a dipping dewar. People can cryo

anything on the spot. For FREE!!!!!

Requirements: someone with a pickup truck, van or other such vehicle preferably with a lift gate

so that i can bring the dipping dewar, and as many 100 liter tanks of N2 that we will need. And

a strong person. 100 liter tanks weigh about 325 lbs full. Make that 2 other people...

Am I crazy or what??

We can start with billy's penis. Anyone have a tweezers and a magnifying glass ???

Awesome, but you better make people sign a waiver or something similar acknowledging that they assume full responsibility. I would be very hesitant to dip my WW II metal base 6SN7 in liquid nitrogen since that tube is seriously hard to come by and expensive to replace. Though, I'd throw my cheap Chinese tubes in the vat for kicks.

I wonder what the venue management might say seeing that beast of a thing hauled into the building... :laugh:

I've been doing cryo stuff for 15 years now, i know what is safe, and i know what is not safe.

Nothing even approaching not safe will be allowed, that i will make sure of. Billy's idea of dumping

a few liters into the swimming pool for example goes under the NOT ALLOWED.

While people will be required to sign a waver of dammages, i have deliberately tried to crack

various items by extremely fast immersion into the N2. Never was able to crack a 7 or 9 pin

all glass tube yet. Some of the old tubes with phenolic bases, sometimes the glue comes loose,

or the base cracks, but the tube is still in one piece. Cooling down over a few minutes slowly and

even this does not happen.

Whether the venue complains or not depends on if they are going to be told or not :D