New Grado RS-2

n_maher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's really frustrating to me is Grado Labs complete silence on the issue. Why can't they release a statement?

Well really what would they say? It's not like they'd admit to the lower standards or the fact that they haven't cleaned their molds in about 3 decades.

For $700 MSRP...that is absolutely retarded. I hope Grado takes a big hit in sales and realizes that they can only glide by on brand name and get away with crap quality to a certain extent. They have fallen far, so very far from the hp1000 standards :(

I've been talking audio a lot with the guy that runs the local antique/vinyl shop - he told me he recently tried a Grado wood cart, and that it was crap :P

For $700 MSRP...that is absolutely retarded. I hope Grado takes a big hit in sales and realizes that they can only glide by on brand name and get away with crap quality to a certain extent. They have fallen far, so very far from the hp1000 standards :(

I've been talking audio a lot with the guy that runs the local antique/vinyl shop - he told me he recently tried a Grado wood cart, and that it was crap :P

It'll probably help (or not help) if Grado dealers actually updated their sites with pics of re-designed cans. For that matter, it would be nice if Grado would update their site, too.

There's just no excuse for the way these first examples of the redesign look. Handmade, machine made, who gives a shit? Either way they look sloppy and rushed and never should have passed anything called QC. After Tuesday night I'll post up a couple of high quality pics of Ian's and my latest handiwork as proof that any idiot can make a decent looking set of cups.

lmilhan is a cool guy. His avatar is a photoshop joke for how ugly the K1000 is (you can find the thread if you search).

good to know. I never made any real judgment about his character, I just did the old budweiser hat = asshole equation. but I'll take your word he's a good guy. ;D