F1 GrandPrix Racing

magnum

I don't know if anyone is into watching motor sports here but the F1 season starts this weekend at "Bahrain", circuit "Sakhir". I'm interested to see if McLaren/Mercedes will still have the fasts car again this year but suck on reliability as they did last year. But renult looks to be up there in speed again as seen in test sessions. If you havn't watched it give it whirl because it is the pinnacle of motor sports (truly high tech).

This could be the last year F1 would be at Idianapolis as the contract with the FIA ends this year and Indianapolis Motor Speedway is undecided as of right now to whether to renew because of the years it took to make money (not enough attendance for how much it costs to have an F1 race), this last year they did good! Quite a lot of people attended and IMS had very good entertainment, but then the problems with Michelin tires led to a boycott from the teams that were using them for safety reasons an thus had a six car race out of twenty.The five years it took to get it profitable may have ben ruined. Well the good news is that if this is the last year at IMS,the streets of Las Vegas (Make a road course out of local streets that includes the main strip) is the most likely place thier considering.

Yes that was the alternative if IMS dosn't renew contract, which looks like they are going to wait till after this years race to decide. This wouldn't be the first time F1 raced on the streets in the USA, in the early 90's they did this at Longbeach CA which they had a attendance problem and ended F1 in the states till the year 2000. I don't know if you've ben to Las Vegas lately but they have ben building cross walk bridges that go over the main stretch, I really like this because you don't really deal with traffic much now on foot an this would be a big plus as unlike at monaco they don't have to shut down businesses for the week end. The only thing that scares me is the noise and vibration the cars put out, was with the V10's engines last year turning 19K RPM, this year V8's turning in excess of 22K RPM. With all the nice stuff in las vegus how are they going to deal with noise/vibration? Maybe making a big deal out of nothing but they have all the money to do what ever they want too! BOY is that an under statement of the century! :o Well this is what they had talked about several months back, we will see if it comes to light shortly!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Montoya is going to Nascar...

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in F1 in my being a fan of 4 years. A South American F1 driver going to one of the worst motor sports on the face of the earth.

And is Button's Williams contract ever going to go through :mikey2: