What Happened to Head-Case?

tkam

On 4/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, tkam said:

Believe it or not, it's more common than you think and I know of several cases where it's done solely to meet local municipality requirements.  Most people hear 'data center' and think of these super fancy expensive facilities.  95% of data centers do not match that and are built to the lowest possible cost.  Building nice, enterprise grade facilities is very, very expensive.

It could have been worse, OVH had an entire one of their data centers burn to the ground because they simply didn't have any fire suppression system:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-ovh-fire/millions-of-websites-offline-after-fire-at-french-cloud-services-firm-idUSKBN2B20NU

Yeah, I guess when you think about it the cost outweighs the risk sometimes

On 4/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, tkam said:

Over the next week or so a new backup process will be put in place and verified.

New backup process is in place and verified working.  It's doing daily for now but may bump it up to every 4-6 hrs, we'll see.

• Like 9

I'm not seeing any issues with attachments or anything actually hosted here.  Based on that link, I'm assuming you mean the first post in that thread?  If so, there's only three attachments linked actually hosted here and they all work just fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yowza, I was starting to lurk again in March to get back into the hobby, then *POOF* HC disappeared. I tried coming back for a couple of weeks, and was almost going to delete the bookmark to the site. Very pleased that everything is back up and running again!

• Like 1