What are you smoking right now?

grawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone ever try "resurrecting" a dry cigar in a microwave? I've heard of people doing it, but never tried it myself. I have a nice Partagas robusto that's, ahem, a bit dry after the winter, and I'd like to try to salvage it. A guy I spoke to at a local coffee shop said the trick is to set the microwave on low power and run it for 45 seconds or so. I don't want the cigar to combust from over-nuking. I'm going to remove the (foil) label before I attempt this. Any head casers ever try this?

Aye, I've done the sponge/orange peel trick for years. The only downside to that is that it takes time, and I was hoping to have a smoke today.. I did experiment with the microwave and I found that the results were ...inconclusive. For a bigger ring gauge cigar like a robusto all it succeeded in doing was softening the outer 1/8" or so. I could probably experiment further, but I don't want to wreck this stick. I'll have to look elsewhere for a cigar this afternoon. I swear I had a Cao stashed around here somewhere.

Good quality cigar and port are one of the best things good fellows could combine with some conversation.

But, if I have to be honest, smoking cigarettes are bad, not only because of addicting shit that they been made of, but also because they are taste like everything but real tobacco...

I agree on buying a good humidor with a good hygrometer. I also agree that microwaving is probably not a good idea. Even if something terrible didn't happen like nuking, I think some of the flavor and nuance would be lost in the microwaving.

And which reminds me, I haven't smoked a cigar in awhile. I need to get on that.

• 4 weeks later...