What are you smoking right now?

grawk

Some of my friends are huge VSG fans, I actually don't particularly enjoy them. This particular Wizard was one of the better ones I've had though. I only occasionally buy them because the local indian smokeshop sells them at a good price. But frankly, most of the enjoyable domestic cigars are too expensive for what they are.

VSGs are probably my favorite cigar, definitely up there with the Opus X and upper-end Fuentes.

Different strokes for people with bad taste :).

Jokes, jokes, but I do prefer Rocky Patel 90s and 92s, Camacho Triple Maduro, Padron Anniversary, Opus X, etc. I'd take any of those and many others over a VSG without hesitation. I just think VSGs are a boring smoke (last two I had were Wizards).

edit: Really? Man, I used to love Dunhill 965 when I used to smoke pipes.

AFAIK, Dunhill-branded pipe tobacco is still manufactured & sold. Certain lines in certain packages have been discontinued (I believe bulk 965 was at some point), and the factories have changed a few times, but I'm pretty sure Dunhill is still on the shelves.

I haven't been able to get it in Texas. I've looked at all the tobaccinists in the major cities. I used to be able to even get it in smaller towns quite easily, but not anymore, so I presume the rumor is true. The same is apparently true in Southern California. Not a single tin.

Last night: A 1998 Trinidad Fundadore (I haven't had a 98 Fundie in a while, and they are fucking good), and a custom rolled cuban (pretty good at best).

Tonight: Going to a BBQ. If it's not too hot to enjoy a cigar, I'll have a 1992 Punch Corona cabinet selection. Otherwise a 2001 Partagas Seleccion Privada. Knowing me, I'll end up smoking both.

JP#s, I dunno if you read this thread, but you going to the SoCal Herf this weekend?

Got back from SoCal 10 yesterday. Tried a couple of exceptional cigars while I was down there, and then some pretty good stuff. Highlights:

60's Don Alfredo petit corona

Quintero Churchill (non-cello)

a pre-embargo clear-Havana perfecto (turned out good, unlike most clear-havanas)

80s Partagas 898 unvarnished (missed a group buy on these, which I now regret)

1998 Punch Churchill which also turned out to be surprisingly good