What are you smoking right now?

grawk

• 1 month later...

The pre-aged program by Cuba has been hit or miss and generally not received well by cigar nerds. Unless you believe that new boxes can be cherry-picked and compare with boxes left to rest for a while, the program is a good idea. I think this cigar suffers a bit from the rampant under-filling of cigars coming out of Cuba.

Once the weather gets better, I will send you some interesting stuff. There are rumors of a gathering in Texas at some point as well.

Funny - I have been wearing this watch non stop for more than a year now. I really enjoy it. That and I am too poor to consider anything new at the moment, including the blue-faced Milgauss which would be my likely choice.

Honestly, I prefer an under-fill to an over-fill.

I would love that, thanks man!

I'm not expecting to be buying anything new myself, anytime soon.  There is something nice about having one watch that does it all, though.  My GMT Master was that for me for a long time.

Edited by EdipisReks1

• 3 weeks later...

Aim to please.

There is a lot of crap still coming out of Cuba. The large ring gauge movement is here to stay and long-skinnies aren't being rolled due to needing longer leaf.

This year was the first time in a while Cuba had a double growing season. Hopefully in 2019 we will start to see the fruits of those labors.

3 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

Aim to please.

There is a lot of crap still coming out of Cuba. The large ring gauge movement is here to stay and long-skinnies aren't being rolled due to needing longer leaf.

This year was the first time in a while Cuba had a double growing season. Hopefully in 2019 we will start to see the fruits of those labors.

Maybe 2019 will be to Cuban cigars as 2004 was to Bordeaux wine.  If that happens, maybe we can expect 2020 to be nearly as good, but cheaper, just like 2005 was for wine. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not quite yet, but in a few minutes I'll be smoking some Peterson Old Dublin that has been aging for about a decade in my humidor (and boy does it smell good!) out of my Savinelli Autograph.  I sure miss all those pipes that were stolen, but I guess I smoke a pipe infrequently enough that it's not a big deal, one way or another (I still have a very nice Parker and another Savinelli, from the 60s).

IMG_1756.JPG