What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

Nora from Queens - Awkwafina is raw, but in a so very relatable way, in this comedy series set in Flushing, not far from where I lived. Lori Tan Chinn is a hoot as her grandmother. BD Wong brings his usual high-level in the most subtle of ways as her dad. Easy watch, recommended.

• Like 1

The Chair (Netflix) - good to see Sandra Oh in something after Killing Eve. An enjoyable watch, even if it is pretty predictable, feeling like I've seen these characters before, just in a different context or something. Good supporting cast, including Bob Balaban & Holland Taylor, among others, to round out the ensemble. A very nice, eclectic soundtrack is notable. Only six eps, so...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jpelg said:

The Chair (Netflix) - good to see Sandra Oh in something after Killing Eve. An enjoyable watch, even if it is pretty predictable, feeling like I've seen these characters before, just in a different context or something. Good supporting cast, including Bob Balaban & Holland Taylor, among others, to round out the ensemble. A very nice, eclectic soundtrack is notable. Only six eps, so...

I've heard good things. But a lot of colleagues have watched it and say it paints a hauntingly accurate picture of academia. I get enough of that shit on a day-to-day basis for it to bleed into my entertainment as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I pay for the Bozos Space Fund, I have access to AMZN Prime Video and sometimes avail myself of it.  I watched a documentary on the late Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones a few nights ago.  Prime Video's suggestion algorithm is hilarious, especially compared to the "we track your every move" nature of YouTube and Google.  It suggested season 4 of The Grand Tour, which is the, ahem, spiritual successor to Top Gear.  In spite of the fact that I find Jeremy Clarkson to be one of the most loathsome people in the history of humans (or things that are loathsome) I watched the first episode.  It's quite well produced as one would expect.  Apparently Prime has the first for seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

Since I pay for the Bozos Space Fund, I have access to AMZN Prime Video and sometimes avail myself of it.  I watched a documentary on the late Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones a few nights ago.  Prime Video's suggestion algorithm is hilarious, especially compared to the "we track your every move" nature of YouTube and Google.  It suggested season 4 of The Grand Tour, which is the, ahem, spiritual successor to Top Gear.  In spite of the fact that I find Jeremy Clarkson to be one of the most loathsome people in the history of humans (or things that are loathsome) I watched the first episode.  It's quite well produced as one would expect.  Apparently Prime has the first for seasons.

Aside from the first season being a bit hit or miss, The Grand Tour is a pretty great continuation of the sort of thing people who watched them on Top Gear enjoyed. Clarkson may not be the best person around (to put it mildly), but the three of them have such a perfect chemistry together.