What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

59 minutes ago, jpelg said:

Billions (Showtime) - continuing our exploration into how the one-percenters live/work. Just finished season 1 - crazy fun stuff. Hopefully can get through s2-5 before Succession starts back up next month.

If you’re on a one-percenters kick, don’t miss New Order

🤑

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emelius said:

dubbed or subtitles version?...

Subtitled.  Although in general, I'm agnostic, unless the dub is particularly annoying (Wasabi comes to mind).  I was just lazy, and allowed the default.  

If you can imagine a "Battle Royale" type scenario where the players volunteer to play, for various reasons (mostly escape from financial ruin).

Writer/director Dong-hyuk Hwang is a visionary.  Highly stylized sets being the most obvious example in Squid Game.  I will definitely be checking their other stuff out.

Jung Jaeil (he of Parasite fame) provides the perfect soundtrack.

Episode, "Gganbu", was particularly unnervingly emotional.

• Like 1

Just started season two of The Morning Show (AppleTV+). First episode takes place almost entirely on New Year's Eve, 12/31/2019. Everyone is, of course, looking forward to straightening out their lives the following year. Call me sappy, but it choked me up a little when Auld Lang Syne came on. The next episode is titled, of course, "It's Like the Flu". Check it out. 

The_Morning_Show_Photo_020106.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 4:38 AM, jpelg said:

Succession (HBO) - binging on our new guilty pleasure. If Dallas had been made today, this is what it would be. This family be cray-cray, and I can't look away. Season 3 coming soon.

Can't wait!  I am addicted to this show... damn HBO and their brilliant soundtracks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I need to to be more ontologically aware and disambiguate between

when thinking the keyword watching would be sufficient.

At least it wasn't

In any event, nonagenarian William Shanter is back on earth, and its not just the Australians ...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/australian-tv-hosts-cant-stop-laughing-at-bezos-rocket-does-that-look-a-little-odd-to-you-or-is-it-just-me/

It's all my fault, I started this thread into the TV subforum because I wasn't able to remember in which subforum we are keeping the "Post What You're Watching" one. There wasn't any thread about this in the TV subforum.

I think I've just disambiguated it for those not looking at the subforums titles :) 

Edited by Torpedo

• Torpedo changed the title to What TV show are you watching now?
On 9/27/2021 at 4:02 PM, shellylh said:

Started watching Foundation on Apple TV+ but got bored.  

Now I am watching season 2 of  Work in Progress.  I am really enjoying this show.

https://www.sho.com/work-in-progress

I gave Foundation a try. I have not read the trilogy (or any other material). I made it to episode 4, and I found that I still didn't care about the characters, so I stopped. I think it was partially the way the story is being told. A character has a huge emotional reaction, and you don't know why until the next episode. Hmmm, am I suppose to go back now and watch the emotional reaction again now that I get it? Oh well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ash vs The Evil Dead on Netflix.  My version of binge watching …. 4-5 episodes per week 

Also started watching Disjoited thanks to my daughter who introduced me to the series. 

Funny.  I remember watching The Exorcist in a movie theater when it first came out.  Even had ‘nurses’ in the lobby.  Good movie.  About halfway thru I nudged my room mate to say something about the time Linda Blair’s head rotated 360 degrees.  He jumped up screaming.  The entire theater erupted in terrified shrieks.  Never bothered me.  

The Evil Dead is the only movie I watched that literally terrified me.   Never saw it a second time.