What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

1 hour ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Really?  What about the second one?  It's basically horror comedy.  Especially that whole 3 Stooges / hand scene. 

I saw the second one which I liked because of its humor. It didn't scare me much though.

Was it like the Nightmare on Elm Street series, where the first one was scary and the rest were comedy?

18 hours ago, robm321 said:

I've never seen Evil Dead. Now I want to. The Exorcist was the scariest movie I've ever seen. The head spinning didn't freak me out as much as other parts of the movie. 

I thought my then-girlfriend (now wife) was going to rip my bicep out when we saw the Exorcist. She won't watch scary movies anymore...

• Haha 2

I recently watched The Exorcist (few days ago). It was good, particularly since it was released nearly half a century ago. But a bit dated.

At the time, the endless green vomit and rotating head hit the button! And human levitation was reprised in Ghostbusters, when Sigourney Weaver did the same thing when she was possessed.

The weird thing I'd forgotten was the end title music of Exorcist was Tubular Bells!

• Like 1

Finished both seasons of Locke & Key -- very much enjoyed.  But, like my reading (October Daye, &c), it's very YA -- not sure why I'm so drawn to that, I just like the fantasy premise to show the human condition in various ways (loss, alcoholism, teenage rebellion, bullying, emotional manipulation, younger child stuff, just everything).  The CG was just little (quantity) enough not to be the centerpiece of the show -- like MCU movies -- but high-production-values enough to enjoy when it was shown.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After watching all six thousand Vikings episodes and starting The Last Kingdom (very likely the better series and it even has Tom!), shifted over to Norsemen (Netflix). Not sure I can recommend it, but it's the only one of the bunch from the area and therefore it's of course a comedy. 

p033x04y.jpg

Watching Yellowjackets (Showtime). Kind of a cross between Lost and Lord of the Flies. I kind of like it. Girls HS soccer team supposed to go to nationals in 1996. Private plane they are on crashes. Most survive, and aren't found for nearly 2 years. 20 years later catching up with those who made it out. Something bad happened out there... but no one is talking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Station Eleven

Station_Eleven.png

The last thing I'd think would be worth watching would be a show about the fallout from another global pandemic. This one starts slow with lots of separate threads. The beauty is in how they all come together. There are some great moments.

The cast is great. Lori Petty and David Cross as the mother and father of a stage troupe that circles a post-apocalypse Lake Michigan just works.

Watching the show gives me some of the same feeling I get from reading a good book. I'm not surprised that the show-runner is a novelist. I'm excited to see what he will do next, and I think I'll be picking up one of Ms. St. John Mandel's books too.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Euphoria_intertitle.png

Euphoria

I had been reading chatter about this show everywhere from the Wall Street Journal to NY Magazine so I decided to give it a chance. I used the last few weeks to get caught up. I agree with what I have been reading. There is something here.

This show is going to be ultra-polarizing for people. The edgy-ness is turned up to 11, but once I got passed it I started to really like it. Euphoria has some genuine interesting insights and things to say about the human condition.

I like (most of) the characters, I like the writing, I like the style, the young cast is great. I LOVE the music. This show has a maximalist vibe that really hooks me.

The best thing about this show are the two leads. One of them is a trans woman. The honesty and vulnerablility in her performance have helped me better understand people like her. The other lead is Zendaya. She has this wise-beyond-her-years presence that commands the screen every time she is on. I can see why she is starting to show up all over the place in movies and TV. She is really talented.

If you have been curious about this one, give it a chance. It is really something.

Edit: Apple Music has a playlist. 
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/euphoria-official-playlist/pl.bf5d5f278b43425aa72fa69849081002

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TMoney said:

Euphoria_intertitle.png

Euphoria

I had been reading chatter about this show everywhere from the Wall Street Journal to NY Magazine so I decided to give it a chance. I used the last few weeks to get caught up. I agree with what I have been reading. There is something here.

This show is going to be ultra-polarizing for people. The edgy-ness is turned up to 11, but once I got passed it I started to really like it. Euphoria has some genuine interesting insights and things to say about the human condition.

I like (most of) the characters, I like the writing, I like the style, the young cast is great. I LOVE the music. This show has a maximalist vibe that really hooks me.

The best thing about this show are the two leads. One of them is a trans woman. The honesty and vulnerablility in her performance have helped me better understand people like her. The other lead is Zendaya. She has this wise-beyond-her-years presence that commands the screen every time she is on. I can see why she is starting to show up all over the place in movies and TV. She is really talented.

If you have been curious about this one, give it a chance. It is really something.

This is another reason to watch the show. 

https://www.popphoto.com/news/hbo-euphoria-shot-on-kodak-ektachrome/

• Like 1

"Euphoria" is excellent, very well done on many levels. That being said, it is a difficult watch for me. The sex & drug use amongst teen characters is extreme. That being said, it is still very compelling artistically, which keeps me coming back, despite my internal squirminess. The two Christmas episodes that aired between series 1 & 2, which each focused on characters Rue & Jules respectively, were stellar.

• Like 1