What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

Just watched the first episode (of four) of Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey (Netflix), the happy-go-lucky tale of Warren Jeffs, his mother-/sister-/underage-wives, and the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

[spoiler] It all goes catastrophically wrong again.

Edited by blessingx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Good to hear after the band disagreements over it. 

Nathan Fielder here. His The Rehearsal (HBO) starts off with a good, funny pilot and sets up the season nicely in episode two. Crashed my Scion TC at 100mph is what all the cool kids will be saying soon. 

Thexfiles.jpg

The X-Files

I was a little too young for this show when it originally aired.

I have a strong childhood memory of watching an episode (IIRC the show aired directly after The Simpsons on Sunday nights) that was so scary it gave me nightmares for weeks. It is funny to find out later that that particular episode, s4e2 "Home," with a family of mutants who keep their mother stored under the floorboards, was so outrageous that the Fox network would never re-air it.

In any case, the structure of X-Files makes it a good one to dig back through. Only about 1/4 of the episodes are "mythology arc" episodes that actually advance the overarching plot, while the remainder are "monster of the week" one-off episodes. Wikipedia has a good guide to the mytharc episodes that I've been following along with.

Between following the mytharc and interspersing the critically acclaimed monster-of-the week episodes from various folk's "top episodes" lists the show is a pretty entertaining watch.

Talk about casting the two perfect leads.

My favorite episode so far, s3e4, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," was every bit as good as it was hyped to be!