What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

2 hours ago, skullguise said:

We watched this a while back, thinking it would be more tongue-in-cheek based on the title (it wasn't)....  But enjoyed it a fair bit!

It was fun. Not as fun as expected, and I figured out who the killer was pretty early on.

• Like 1

4F0AD13B-D3EA-4DBB-8DAD-E20AD01A98AA.thumb.png.18ecb92347a0213dfd45158ecdb99dd8.png

For All Mankind - Season 3

Every season I doubt this show and come to it way late in the game long after the entire season has played out. Every season it has surprised me. I’m about halfway through season 3, which involves a 3-way race to Mars between the US, USSR, and a private company. I’m loving it.

Is this the best hard sci-fi show currently in production? I think the answer might be “yes”.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 4:07 AM, blessingx said:

White Lotus 2. Great characters setup opening episode. 

I'm two chapters away from finishing this second season. I'm finding it less histrionic than the first one, and more Shakespearean and subtle. All I know is that someone is going to die :frantic:

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 3

On 7/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, blessingx said:

The Bear (Hulu/FX). I don't know how this is going to hold up, but damn, is it a strong pilot. 

Binged the first series this weekend. Great show. The entire cast is great & should be getting more hype beyond just JAW who just won a Golden Globe. Well-curated soundtrack too. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:38 AM, blessingx said:

Anyone checking out The English? Halfway through the limited series and entertaining so far. 
78F8FAFF-867C-49F9-A8D3-575B36834794.jpeg.e439c1b219d1e5c71a2db70e6d59384f.jpeg

It was excellent, Have to admit that Emily Blunt is  a bit of a crush of mine.

Series 3 of Happy Valley is also excellent.

• Like 1

I'm biased, as the games are some of my all-time favorites, but the show seems to be off to a very good start.

I'm impressed how they've adapted it to TV. Apparently about half the creative team has played the games and the other half has not. That feels like a good balance.

1280px-The_Last_of_Us_TV_logo.svg.png

• Like 5