What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

Started watching "The Gentlemen" on Netflix this weekend, and am finding it quite enjoyable. Good acting, well filmed. Stars Theo James and Kaya Scodelario.

Edited by Pars
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pars said:

Started watching "The Gentlemen" on Netflix this weekend, and am finding it quite enjoyable. Good acting, well filmed. Stars Theo James and Kaya Scodelario.

Joanne and I enjoyed the series. Plenty of Guy Ritchie "Colour". The Locations and outfits add a lot to the experience.

Be on the look out for the effortless "septic" comment from Ray Winstone's character. I can explain it later if you like.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pars said:

I'm enjoying it too. 

• Like 1

I am 2 episodes in and mostly loving it so far.

It's been awhile since I read the books but it feels like they are staying remarkably true to the story.

I was worried that they would dumb it down a lot but so far so good.

The production values are excellent, better than a lot of movies, imo.

Watching this one too

3_Body_Problem_(TV_series).jpg

First episode almost lost me, but the following ones were more enticing. Just finished 5th. Someone told me that 6th and 7th are good to fastforward watching them at 1.5 or 2x. I'll see soon enough :D

On 3/30/2024 at 7:48 AM, Torpedo said:

Watching this one too

First episode almost lost me, but the following ones were more enticing. Just finished 5th. Someone told me that 6th and 7th are good to fastforward watching them at 1.5 or 2x. I'll see soon enough :D

I decided it wasn't for me after episode 1. I guess I'll continue on.

It was kind of weird for readers of the books as well. A lot of story threads that happen in the second and third books got brought forward in to this first season.

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 1:13 AM, TMoney said:

Just finished this. Gonna be very curious what other people think about it.

Binged it. Loved it. Can't wait for the next (presumably two more) seasons.

• Like 2

spacer.png

a.k.a. The adventures of Boyd from Justified turned up to 11 and as much Lizzy Kaplan and Finn from Star Wars as we could afford.

Honestly I'm having a good time.  The show wears its influences on its sleeve (Silo, Walking Dead, Hello Tomorrow!)  but the world feels visceral and fun.  It's absolutely good enough to prove the assertion that video game settings can also be good TV settings and I like that.

• Like 1