What are the purtiest headphones ever?

postjack

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... the shiny iridescent opal on the bloodwood looks distinctly girly, which is where my comment came from. ;)
Yeah, that's how I understood it, and what I was responding to, when I made my "contrast" comment. See, the way it works is, you can have little girly accents around, but depending how you carry yourself, you end up appearing more manly in contrast to those accents.

Yeah, that's how I understood it, and what I was responding to, when I made my "contrast" comment. See, the way it works is, you can have little girly accents around, but depending how you carry yourself, you end up appearing more manly in contrast to those accents.

Or that's what you tell yourself.

The k340's would have looked better had you had "bling bling" written on them instead. :(

Biggie.

LOL...no, no, I think they might look better with the following phrases:

"Capt. Asshat"

That's Mr. Asshat

Asshat now, ask me how

Is that an ass in your hat?

Das ist der kopherasshaten

CanJam '08

Am I the only one that doesn't like the SR-007 Mk2 look? The chmpagne brown mesh crashes with the black, IMO. I much prefer the original look, followed by BL version (pads, cable, and headband are balck).

i would have gone for a chrome human skull, to match my scythe.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2998/deathht3.jpg

Nice one, Reks. I may now how to go change my avatar.

The MS2i is a sweet headphone. Nice score Jack.

Wish you could have done a comparison with the HP-2 though :P

To Jacob: yes, I do like them quite a bit!

I'm not so far removed from the HP-2 that I can't do somewhat of a comparison. Keep in mind these are based on just a couple hours of listening, but the MS2i is NOT the poor man's HP-2. The HP-2 really is in a class all by itself, and the MS2i does not share a similar signature. What the MS2i has going for it is amazing bass and great mids. On a couple tracks its lost control of the highs, but this control loss is nowhere near as shrill as the 325i (if my memory serves me, its been a while). I listened with bowls for a bit, and it sounded fantastic, but bowls bug me so I quickly switched to flats. The sound is not congested, but the soundstage is teeny tiny, as I've found is standard with SR series Grados.

best part is still the bass. Strangely, their bass reminds me of the GS1K's bass, but nowhere near as superb. I sometimes find myself yearning for that visceral GS1K bass. :-X

Then you can post in this thread and call me a LIAR

i'm betting that the pair you listened to was NOT broken in and you are "mistaken" about what the dealer told you. how can you really know dude. also check your upstream, no doubt. werd.

also:

[me=postjack]is pleased that his plan to MoT all DIY is proceeding according to plan. what looked like a simple link to assist in a sale was actually a nefarious attempt to make it so all DIY people can't talk about DIY in the DIY forum since they are improving products and making the moolah off of them which is wrong.[/me]

• 4 weeks later...