Haven't been here in ages, got married a month ago, life is GREAT

screaming oranges

I've always admired this group. The hobby and community got me through some rough times, even when I didn't say I was going through them, but just coming here and laughing my ass off at the shenanigans was enough to brighten up my day.

It's been a while since I've been around, and life definitely throws some unexpected curve balls. I got married a month ago. I'm moving out of my apartment to a new home, where my wife is going to help me NOT turn the place into a man cave, but make it cozy and welcoming. I'm in love. When you know, you know, as the saying goes. Things change, people, change... I think I evolved leaps and bounds the past year in so many aspects.

I've been packing for my upcoming move, two weeks away. Been having fun going through a lot of my audiophile gear that at some point I stored away and forgot about because another flavor of the month came about. I was remembering the meets, the trips to Cigar City in Tampa, Hunahpuh  days, etc. Good times.

I guess I just wanted to drop by and give thanks to everyone. Nostalgia hit hard. Fun times! Good stuff.

Edited by screaming oranges
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Heh, glad you finally let the cat out of the bag!

Don’t forget, I can help store some extra gear you have, as I have an 89 sq ft man cave that has at least a few vertical feet left, along with some hooks for vintage Grados. Just LMK ;)

Seriously, congrats again on the big changes! Happy for you, man. When you coming out to Seattle? Dinner’s on me this time. *hugs*

20 hours ago, Augsburger said:

Well as long as Alex keeps his audio gear packed in boxes and not scattered around the living room, marital bliss will prevail.

Uhhh, I have to downsize. I don't need 20 headphones.

That said, I have six or seven HP1Ks and intend to only keep one of them. I'm also going to sell the BHSE, but keeping the balancing Act.

Going to sell all my stat gear, actually. Way too much stuff. I rather it gets put to use by someone who will enjoy them. I'll be posting stuff at the other place but if any of you all want dibs, just say the word.

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Forgot to mention that, of all things, what I surely believed beyond a shadow of a doubt would receive a big "HELL NO" from her were the massive obelisks that are the Cain & Cain Abby & Bailey speakers... with matching subwoofer.

Turns out she absolutely loves the way they look and says they go well with what she had in mind for the living room. So they get to stay. 

• Like 5

So now the wife doesn't know which headphones I should keep because she's been listening to them to see "what's the big deal anyway"

AHAHAHA!

As far as married life goes, sure, it's still honeymoon phase and all that, but I met her five years ago, and everything feels new with her now... and effortless. And transparent.

To use her own words, "for the first time in my life, I can be completely naked emotionally, just be my real self, and not worry about what my lover thinks. I don't have to worry about being judged. I can just be me."

And that's EXACTLY how I feel too. I feel damn lucky.

Best and most curious of all is that, on paper, we are so very different. Very much so. Technically speaking, together we "shouldn't sound this good"... but somehow, the synergy created is pure fire.

Sometimes, you just gotta go for it and not overthink it. 

• Like 8

On 7/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, MexicanDragon said:

Heh, glad you finally let the cat out of the bag!

Don’t forget, I can help store some extra gear you have, as I have an 89 sq ft man cave that has at least a few vertical feet left, along with some hooks for vintage Grados. Just LMK ;)

Seriously, congrats again on the big changes! Happy for you, man. When you coming out to Seattle? Dinner’s on me this time. *hugs*

Wow, where’s my dinner? Congrats on the marriage and move. Still in South Florida? If so, sorry. 

• Haha 1