Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

Based upon my calculations, just the 5 largest white oak sticks are 84 BF. Then probably at least another 50 in smaller sticks. 
That is assuming of course that the smaller ones are actually white oak. The big rift sawn 8/4 boards are marked. 

6C8BAAA5-7256-4F9E-B168-C7440AFEEF2A.jpeg

Edited by VPI

I wish you were closer, Jeff. I’d certainly take some chunks off your hand.  Honestly, get it sorted, list some lots on FB Marketplace or Craigslist at 50% of retail and you can probably make a killing without much effort.  Or start with the neighbor and then call in the (almost literal) cavalry in Naaman and see if our resident trophy maker wants a bunch.  

For some of the boards, if you’re willing, it might be worth it to me to have you cut it to length to fit in a USPS priority box and send it my way for some small projects I’ve got in the works with my mini ping pong table. The medium sized box (14x12x3) might hold a shocking # of BF and would leave good room for length and width.  Maybe some food for though there, if you’re up for it. 

1 hour ago, n_maher said:

The East coast ping pong table is up and running again. EBEC64CB-1441-4EF7-92BD-C88CA748915A.thumb.jpeg.53f48c16707c3d019b0c75449601f88f.jpeg

Retirement plaque for the Public Works Officer. 

You're reference map of Australia is a bit off. Other than that it looks fantastic!

😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dsavitsk said:

You say that like it took a long time. That's remarkably fast. And it looks great.

I’ve been plugging away at it for a couple weeks, it’s deceptively a whole lot of more work than it looks. So far I’ve collected seven 55 gallon bags of wood chips making it. 

So far I’m happy with how it’s turning out even though I’ve made a couple mistakes here and there.