Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

8 hours ago, naamanf said:

A little better, I’ll probably live with it since it’s perfectly function and will remind me what not to screw up. 

Since you screwed this up so much, I recommend you just throw it all away and start over. Just consider this a practice run.

Also, on an unrelated subject, I am doing research on the days peoples’ trash is picked up across Head-Case for a white paper I am writing.  Please send me your address and pick-up day for my studies. 

• Haha 4

Yeah, I watch all those guys.

My issues usually arise with equipment, e.g. I have no jointer so I use a sled on the table saw, table saw sled can only accommodate about a 16” board due to the tiny top on the job site so cannot joint, leading to issues.  

Then don’t get me started on trying to finish a 42x30 crate on plywood sheets on a table in the garage as it is too cold to do anything outside so I could use all the spray equipment piled on a shelf. 

I think the Festool Vac is the best thing they make.  No idea about Hilti, are you talking about their construction wet/dry vacs?

I am selling the little sawstop tonight and picking up a PCS tomorrow.  Going to sling up some kind of ceiling harness that I can use to Mission Impossible around the garage to use the different pieces of equipment.

• Haha 1

The Hilti seems nice.

Hilti seems to have the auto filter cleaner which I believe does not come with the HEPA filtered Festool. 

They also mention a BT remote for battery tools but I did not see if that is like the Festool or just a handheld remote. 

Checking out the Hilti. Seems solid and they do have a Bluetooth module in Europe that is just like the Festool, would just have to order from there or wait for it to come here. Choices, feel like I need to make the right decision when buying something that sucks. 

2363BDDE-0B17-4FB5-B778-0BC83F8038F2.jpeg

• Haha 2

Looks decent.  I think I like the brakes on the Festool better than that system but the gauge for bag fill and stuff would be nice.

Going from the Sawstop Jobsite Pro which just required I pull it out of the box and put the blade on to the new PCS with 20 boxes and having to build the whole thing is quite the adventure.

• Like 3