Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

1 minute ago, Voltron said:

Sad Koala GIF

Because Fitz hasn't been around lately. 😁

In other shop news, my niece's husband is not an astronaut but he does build a nice bench with Veritas vices and other fixtures. He's also given me the hand tools and such on the temp shelves below on indefinite loan. With three Lie Nielsen planes and sharpening gear available, I guess I'll try shaping wood and honing tools by hand (Tice bait). 

C5055777-6918-46BD-8AF2-CF339CF0127D.jpeg

3E571F1A-A948-4B8D-BA0D-4D463BDF55D6.jpeg

This is bullshit. You need to slave away at more meta building for your own bench.  Pfffffftttttt. 

Pretty sweet, almost went with that type of bench with the same vices. I feel like I need to get at least one Lie Nielsen plane to compare to the Veritas planes I have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it appears that I am going to have to get power upgrades to the garage after all. This single 15amp circuit to the garage powers the sump pump, all three outlets, all the lights and the garage door opener. 

If I work in the dark, I might be able to run dust extraction and the saw at the same time. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, VPI said:

Well, it appears that I am going to have to get power upgrades to the garage after all. This single 15amp circuit to the garage powers the sump pump, all three outlets, all the lights and the garage door opener. 

If I work in the dark, I might be able to run dust extraction and the saw at the same time. 

NVGs. Let me know if you need some training. 

7 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Jeff, please buy the ANVIS-6 goggles, then when you get bored of them, sell them to me so I can sit outside at night and observe all the critters making their way up the canyon.

Are those two or three tube goggles?

Two tube. GPNVG is better for you older folk that down want to keep up a good scan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VPI said:

Nice, ANVIS-6 goggles are ideal for night driving. I need some better night driving skills. 

FD71F555-7692-441E-BDC5-BA6E49988BDA.png

We might have drove back to base blacked out from one of our training airfields.  Seems pretty mundane after flying around blowing things up with them on.   

• Like 2

It is a much more satisfying sawing experience, and I went years with the little DeWalt jobsite saw. The outfeed table will be nice too. We are making the back wall cabinets the right height to serve as an outfeed table, I am hoping that works out well.

I built some tray type drawers to store Festool systainers under the Kapex as soon as we build the cabinet. 

EE764A39-8A89-42EA-8DDB-440305992A61.jpeg

• Like 8

The magnetic Canuck is ready for service.  I know, I need different screws for the magents, need to pick up some 1” cap screws. I always have a million of the screws I do not need.

I have determined that, while you can use dust extraction when the outfeed is folded down, you cannot use the Rockler quick change connection as the handle requires the outfeed be held up a bit, causing clearance issues with the fence. 

D86822D9-781A-4060-BE9B-FBACF6148C20.jpeg

Edited by VPI