Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

It's projects like these that keep me loving my chosen career path after some 40 years.

On a sad note, I received my first negative criticism from clients this week. And it was from two gay men. It was a project that I didn't have a whole lot to do with, but have been there several times to do some small finish projects and knock off items on their punch list. They've turned in at least a dozen punch lists over a few months time, even though they've been asked to look everything over and get all concerns covered on one list. They've also signed off on many of the items I've completed from those lists.

Yesterday my boss Ciaran showed me a text where they actually asked him specifically not to send me to their house anymore, as many items on the list I've only made worse. Ciaran has explained to me that he believes they're trying to not pay the balance of what's left on their contract, and therefore trying to create issues that don't exist. While I know that happens, it still hurts my feelings. Not only have I not received any negative reviews from clients before, they usually sing my praises to the bosses. Ciaran told me it's ridiculous and they can fuck off. He's personally seen the work I've performed there, still I can't help obsessing over it. I feel betrayed by my own people. Bitchy, little queens! 

Funny enough, Kathryn, the owner of the bookstore was there when he read the text to me. She's was furious, and has been stewing over it more than myself. Several times today she's pointed out things I've done that she says are works of art. She knows that it bothers me. Stupid I know, but it upsets me that they're more than willing to smear my reputation over a few dollars that they know they actually owe.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 3

14 minutes ago, swt61 said:

It's projects like these that keep me loving my chosen career path after some 40 years.

On a sad note, I received my first negative criticism from clients this week. And it was from two gay men. It was a project that I didn't have a whole lot to do with, but have been there several times to do some small finish projects and knock off items on their punch list. They've turned in at least a dozen punch lists over a few months time, even though they've been asked to look everything over and get all concerns covered on one list. They've also signed off on many of the items I've completed from those lists.

Yesterday my boss Ciaran showed me a text where they actually asked him specifically not to send me to their house anymore, as many items on the list I've only made worse. Ciaran has explained to me that he believes they're trying to not pay the balance of what's left on their contract, and therefore trying to create issues that don't exist. While I know that happens, it still hurts my feelings. Not only have I not received any negative reviews from clients before, they usually sing my praises to the bosses. Ciaran told me it's ridiculous and they can fuck off. He's personally seen the work I've performed there, still I can't help obsessing over it. I feel betrayed by my own people. Bitchy, little queens! 

Funny enough, Kathryn, the owner of the bookstore was there when he read the text to me. She's was furious, and has been stewing over it more than myself. Several times today she's pointed out things I've done that she says are works of art. She knows that it bothers me. Stupid I know, but it upsets me that they're more than willing to smear my reputation over a few dollars that they know they actually owe.

Awesome job, Steve. Going to make for some happy zen reading. 

As for the complainers, be glad you don’t work in a normal job with 100+ customers walking through the door. It’s about 1-2% but they are there everyday taking up 98% of everyone’s patience. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kerry said:

Beautiful work Steve!  Congrats :) 

This.

Also, listen to the wise words from Naaman.  There are literally some people that you cannot please, doesn’t matter what you do.  They are best left to their misery, don’t make it yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the two month old Dust Right is already developing a leak along a bad seam. So I guess I have to uninstall the whole fucking thing and take it in for a replacement. If I have to go to that much trouble I might just get the money back and get a real unit for the wall. 

75FC23C8-3E7E-4384-BFD9-3087BB17AB9E.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 3

2 hours ago, VPI said:

Looks like the two month old Dust Right is already developing a leak along a bad seam. So I guess I have to uninstall the whole fucking thing and take it in for a replacement. If I have to go to that much trouble I might just get the money back and get a real unit for the wall. 

75FC23C8-3E7E-4384-BFD9-3087BB17AB9E.jpeg

D6486C4E-6EB6-4670-ADE7-9B32BF7FE970.jpeg

Managed to get this thing installed, with instructions that seemed to be written in Chinese, then translated to Russian, then Portuguese and finally to English. Even funnier that several parts in the box were not even mentioned in the instructions and you just have to guess what to do with them. Luckily it is a very rudimentary device. 

Now all I need to is to come up with something mortisey to build. 

69131693-9F73-4CC6-B837-D0DDE69F8E10.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, swt61 said:

Yesterday my boss Ciaran showed me a text where they actually asked him specifically not to send me to their house anymore, as many items on the list I've only made worse. Ciaran has explained to me that he believes they're trying to not pay the balance of what's left on their contract, and therefore trying to create issues that don't exist. While I know that happens, it still hurts my feelings. Not only have I not received any negative reviews from clients before, they usually sing my praises to the bosses. Ciaran told me it's ridiculous and they can fuck off. He's personally seen the work I've performed there, still I can't help obsessing over it. I feel betrayed by my own people. Bitchy, little queens!  Some bullshit on their end. 

I say you anonymously send a to-scale TICE wood carving as a "thank you" for your first negative review in 40 years, and it's inspired you to work harder for any similar jobs going forward, being either with new clientele, or the thousands of satisfied customers.

And, in case you don't want to do that, I'm going to go get a biscuit in about an hour and a half. If you PM me their phone number, I can make sure they get a picture of it "on accident" with a "thinking of you!" message to go along with it.

• Haha 1

You’ll all love this. Got my biscuits. Ate one for breakfast, but the spare one was in a bag on a table. I wasn’t thinking about the pocket pitty we’re fostering having the ability to get up higher than the others. Now the shreds are on the floor from the back and wrapper. FML, but hopefully fuck theirs too.

F8F0CD5E-5E5A-4286-A584-9241160B9666.thumb.jpeg.a4b964c0bcb4fa9541b1cfbc320e1dbf.jpeg

• Confused 1

Now that you mention it, I have a OneFinity 32x32 CNC on order and in the months I have to wait I am trying to decide if the little one (only thing I can barely fit) is even worth it. I certainly cannot build shop cabinets with it, but for some customization I think it might be nice.