Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

7 hours ago, Voltron said:

I drove past this sight and had to turn around and take pics. Thickest and largest slabs I've ever seen in person. As I drove away, I saw the stump where this big boy came down.Ā 

76BFC794-0A61-431D-BAFD-5B5B028CCC47.thumb.jpeg.8621fb2beafa7622645bc6e0afb73d07.jpeg

DEFCEF39-A125-4447-B5A8-B128AA30E334.thumb.jpeg.fbfdc0724d0834ddf6d5357669e8227d.jpeg

CA34C498-5FFA-4238-A4C6-965DF175CAE6.thumb.jpeg.51d43defb5f594e16184dc49ac966982.jpeg

353B5AE4-1AE8-4F0B-BF0D-63517A1C4E52.thumb.jpeg.4e105c7345adc7d86ac3296eb28fc7f0.jpeg

You didn't try to quickly load one in the Volvo?

48 minutes ago, Emooze said:

Thick and large wood indeed, hot damn

Did somebody call me?

I built a few shaker cabinet doors for a couple of storage nooks in the house I'm currently working on. These will match the new shaker doors throughout the house.

20220808_161602.jpg

20220808_161559.jpg

• Like 3

Those top two are very wide. They go above a closet and will be on a track as bypass doors.

The other two go above a linen closet and will be typical cabinet doors with euro hinges.

They're off to the painters now.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, swt61 said:

You didn't try to quickly load one in the Volvo?

Did somebody call me?

I built a few shaker cabinet doors for a couple of storage nooks in the house I'm currently working on. These will match the new shaker doors throughout the house.

20220808_161602.jpg

20220808_161559.jpg

Just took delivery of the last two doors for the house. One is a regular interior door, shaker style. The other was believed to be a set of bi-fold doors for the linen closet. The closet has already been trimmed out and I already hung a track for bi-fold doors (on the plans). Instead the delivery driver showed up with a giant set of French doors. The linen closet is in a narrow hallway. Thinking the order was wrong I called our man that orders and tracks these things, only to hear that he changed the doors to French doors. I'd heard Noth about French doors, and to install them now means ripping out trim for three doors connected by a long piece of header trim. Cutting out drywall and some framing to make them fit, and lastly removing and cutting back all the shelving I've already built and installed in the linen closet. All of which was gone over with the two owners of my company. When one of the owners showed up to see the progress today ( my main boss), I was happy to find out he was just as surprised. He, like myself said that French doors were way to awkward in such a small hallway. We don't know when or why they got changed. What we do know is the waiting for bi-fold doors will be at least two more months. I suggested I build doors to match the other doors, and continue with the bi-fold plan. The boss agreed that would be not only faster than ripping everything out to make the French doors work, but they just make so much more sense in a small space.

Looks like I'm building doors. My boss said "I remember when you built three windows, when I forgot to order them. Now you're building doors like it's just another day at work". He likes that I don't shy away from any project. What IĀ  didn't tell him is that it's really not a difficult tasks. Let him think I'm a hero!

• Like 4

Decided to organize some drawers, walls and calibrate some seldom used Festool tools; router and jigsaw, as I thought I was going to build a new Paulk workbench so I can dump the MFT/3. That was until I priced the Baltic birch to build even the smaller workbench and decided to just flip the fucked up MFT/3 top and keep using this tiny thing for everything.Ā 
Ā 

F31302D5-D9CE-46CD-9D9A-25312C29D8A1.jpeg

BEE2023F-0AAA-45B2-9613-5E68AD5E05DC.jpeg

• Like 1

One of the places I used to buy timber, run by a really nice guy, has burned to the ground. Apart from the workshop, which contained industrial grade Felder machines https://www.felder-group.com/en-gb/products/planer-thicknessers-planers-thicknessers-c1948Ā , his fine timber store went too; he used to supply musical instrument makers.

The extract system burst into flames while he was working in there. He beat a hasty retreat and watched as it burnt to the ground. You can just about make out the carcase of the Felders and radial arm saw.

Fortunately he was insured, and Just Giving raised Ā£14k.Ā https://mactimbers.com/

Mike3.jpg

WP_20170412_16_21_27_Pro.jpg

IMG_20220501_180020.jpg

• Sad 11