Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

This weekend’s project jumped in front of the chairs. Cousin’s baby came early so making a gift that would be strange for anyone but a cattle farmer and large animal vet. 

Even incorporated the Dad’s cattle brand at the top. 

Since many of you are city slickers, this is supposed to be an ear tag for cattle. 

2DFA3162-A774-4298-992C-8C2CF1881022.png

• Like 6

To the theme of Sesame Street...

"Shitty Festool jigsaw"                                             One of these words is not like the others. One of these words just doesn't belong. One of these words is not like the others. Tell me now, can you guess which one?

Edited by swt61

I can't get the seriously crappy Harbor Fright bandsaw here in Michigan to hold a blade, no matter how many times I have tried. The tires are tired and I have a hard time rationalizing replacing parts on a piece of shit.

That said, the crappy Craftsman 6" jointer released its magic smoke the other day and stopped working. But with encouragement I ordered a new start up capacitor and expedited shipping for twice the price of the part to resuscitate it. No change with the new cap, so another tool is headed for you scrap heap. 

Al, this guy near me is clearing out his shop of decent Grizzly stuff, you can get your jointer and bandsaw all in the same trip. 

If I could figure out how to fit that jointer in my one garage space wood shop I would probably grab it. 

01F5FD97-FCB4-4C2D-BA75-D9300073172A.png

C0D394DA-6C08-4A50-B810-91667ACED1EB.png

For those concerned I might be stuck using the shitty Festool jig saw, I found a blade that I must have ordered with my Resaw King from Laguna. 1/4” 6 TPI Shear Force. Much better cuts than the cheap 3/16” 4tpi I had been running. 

The new guides are also so much easier to setup and maintain than the Euros. 
Al, I see a ton of nice woodworking tools up in that part of Michigan. I think there is a 60HH and a Jet 6” helical up there somewhere that keeps showing up in my feed. 

Edited by VPI
  • Like 2