Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

• 2 weeks later...

After two hours of reviewing the Benchcrafted plans, I have only been able to deduce that the bench seems to be built out of various pieces of wood and the red thing seems to screw onto the spinny things. 

Think I might go back to making beer openers and put this on hold as I might be getting myself into a 5 year, $20k build based on my skill set. 

21BE10B0-772D-4250-9C2B-6A8C59A5F793.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, VPI said:

After two hours of reviewing the Benchcrafted plans, I have only been able to deduce that the bench seems to be built out of various pieces of wood and the red thing seems to screw onto the spinny things. 

Think I might go back to making beer openers and put this on hold as I might be getting myself into a 5 year, $20k build based on my skill set. 

I’m a box of rocks and mine was done in a month. You got this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VPI said:

I think you must be a graduate from ship building school, to complete those plans.

Decided to scavenge pieces from the old drill press cart to build something with more drawers and a shelf to store various jigs across the bottom. Also needed it to be a bit shorter to limit lifting of the heavy ass drill press and fit the taller unit. 

New drill press will evidently be delivered tomorrow. 

AF2DFC8A-71AD-4452-91CD-4EB0611A1284.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 6:06 PM, VPI said:

More sticks for the bench. 

7FDFE6DD-2F23-4B28-9AE1-0575D690F915.jpeg

The problem I faced when making my bench (the classic Klausz design) was - you need a bench to build a bench. A real chicken and egg thing. Had to get a free engineer's bench to build the bench on.

Built the top out of quarter sawn beech with a sapele underframe. Absolutely solid, zero racking no matter what I'm doing.

Mind you, your workshop is much much bigger than my converted garage - seriously jealous!