Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

During the summer I will typically have one running. Not really able to keep up most days. 

I will be adding the Mr Cool at some point, but if I get the bigger Oneida 35 gallon Supercell, the wall space may be taken that I need for the mini-split. 

All that is left it 3 days of applying Arm-R-Seal to wrap this step stool up. 

2A3BA183-2D0C-44C3-9A8A-5E3298A581ED.jpeg

40DCA5D0-1298-4B29-9C61-B46EE4EC8AC4.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VPI said:

During the summer I will typically have one running. Not really able to keep up most days. 

I will be adding the Mr Cool at some point, but if I get the bigger Oneida 35 gallon Supercell, the wall space may be taken that I need for the mini-split. 

All that is left it 3 days of applying Arm-R-Seal to wrap this step stool up. 

2A3BA183-2D0C-44C3-9A8A-5E3298A581ED.jpeg

40DCA5D0-1298-4B29-9C61-B46EE4EC8AC4.jpeg

They do make ceiling mounted mini splits. 

35 gallons I guess. 

I am hoping to get rid of both the 1250CFM and the mobile 750 CFM dust right units by running PVC across the ceiling to the side of the garage with the drill press, CNC and mitre saw and run 16’ of PVC down the wall toward the garage door with 15’ of flexible to the planer.  I am hoping the turbo will have the balls for the long run on the planer, but I have some doubts. 

Edited by VPI

1 hour ago, VPI said:

Are you a paid influencer?  Always have to check first. 🙂

Finished the uhhhh, finish for the tiny step stool.  Holds my weight with no noises, so the little kids should be fine.

F5E490CE-F821-4ECE-B3C8-F094373D33F6.jpeg

BDAB3CB6-FFD0-4018-BAD3-0D3554A281DA.jpeg

C1126D5E-F3A2-45AF-82B8-46775716535D.jpeg

I hope payed influencers die off like crypto. 
Waiting on my Red cameras to start my channel. 

Stool looks good though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VPI said:

Let me know when to subscribe.  I need to see how you deployed the PVC for dust collection. Trying to decide if I go that way or spend $600k for Nord Fab. 

Do the PVC, it’s cheap and super easy (use sewer pipe). If nothing else I would do it and live with everything to make sure you like the placement. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:38 PM, VPI said:

Those are some serious holes. My Castle and Foreman both put the screws well inside the holes, yours seems to get more of the meat of the board involved. How does yours adjust for different screw lengths?

If I need to do anything different I'll pull out the domino. I could make swappable fences but I really don't plan on doing anything other than 3/4" or 13/16" for face frames with it. If I get really serious I'll just buy the fully automated full size Castle machine. 

I tend to use the Foreman more than the Castle, simply because it is more easily accessible.  Works well enough for half-assed woodworking.

Evidently iVac is working with Oneida to have a direct interface to allow for auto on-off with the stupid magnetic power switch in place.  Just not quite ready yet.

Trying to plan the ducting for the system.  I am thinking two trunks: A. Bandsaw, Table Saw, Jointer B. Router, drum sander, drill press, cnc, planer.  This will allow me to run along the ceiling and then have a long flexible hose to run to the Planer, which is in the middle of the shop, only when I am using the machine.  Otherwise I have to run down the other wall with a separate trunk just for the planer.

9C56F9FF-614F-4B0E-8E96-15A2265F2D2D.jpeg

Edited by VPI

21 hours ago, swt61 said:

You do realize that's for sawdust, right?

I mean whatever you do in your shop is your business, but...

Got my quote from Nord Fab. Only $6700 for the two runs. Looks like explosive static PVC will be the way. 

Yeah, I do not think explosions will be an issue, but I am still tempted to stick to flexible hose as it allows for so much more flexibility in the tiny shop. 

Now that the rolling CNC is gone I am moving the bandsaw over next to the CNC which could technically allow me to get everything on one leg if I have a wye over to the table saw/jointer off of the main trunk, but that would require a 4” PVC dropping down from the ceiling to the floor in the middle of the garage. 

I just throw all of my sawdust away. 

Finished installing the Oneida. Still need to plan the two routes for dust collection. I am leaning at the moment to use the 25’ of nice flex hose that came with it to run to the tablesaw, jointer and planer. If I tried to run any PVC on that run it would only amount to about 8 feet of PVC and $100 plus in adapters etc. 

I will then run a 4” PVC across the ceiling to provide one drop in the middle for the router/drum sander and then two drops under the soffit for the drill press and CNC/Bandsaw. 

0B1A9CCE-C192-49FE-A677-BAD4671BFE26.jpeg

• Like 3