Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

On 1/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, VPI said:

Scratch that, the Oneida hose is the most unmanageable shit I have ever seen. That goes in the trash and back to the Rockler blue shit. 

What didn't you like about the Oneida four inch hose? It will certainly never collapse and I have not had any trouble with it.

I need to make some turns and the thing is so unnecessarily stiff that every time you move one end the other end whips around and knocks the table saw over on its side.

The blue Rockler stuff works perfectly with the Oneida so no reason to try to route a hose that has zero flexibility. 

Guy had a very nice shop and there were some serious deals on large equipment that I could not figure out how to get delivered here.

This is the same auction place I got the $400 Supermax 25-50 drum sander from as they provide shitty pictures and typically the wrong details in the minimal write up. 

The Krenov style planes were listed as wooden blocks I believe and the blades were not visible so they had no idea what any of the stuff was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mostly finished with running ducting for the dust collection system. Kind of a weird bastardization of PVC and flexible hosing but seems to work. Just need the last two blast gates as I am going to try to trick the iVac system into doing what I want it to. 

Opened up the files and they seem to be all Nicholson with the exception of one Austrian and an Indian Bastard file. 

I wonder what they wrote that green spokeshave up as being, had they seen the word "Kunz" anywhere on it 😉

On 1/31/2023 at 5:18 PM, VPI said:

The Krenov style planes were listed as wooden blocks I believe and the blades were not visible so they had no idea what any of the stuff was. 

Finished the dust collection system revamp. Ended up needing just about every one of the 700 outlets the electrician added to my shop just to power all the iVAC pieces. 

Even managed to use the seriously heavy duty hose without seriously injuring anyone. 

Need to come up with a way to reinforce the barrel lid as the bang on startup and shutdown is annoying. 

FE407123-1000-4B12-AB82-D72715E4CFBF.jpeg

ECE89B0C-F526-40D8-ABF7-AFAA6ECB9AA0.jpeg

A13EF08C-CFD7-44FE-9DB1-01D3538D98B3.jpeg

695D4B30-C165-45FE-8172-6CCF11D74E73.jpeg

9E16B3F0-C9B6-48F5-AC60-FEBCC3B65703.jpeg

• Like 2

^^ What a prude. 

First day of actually using the Oneida Supercell Turbo thoughts:

1. Loudest tool in the fucking shop. 

2. Remote is super shitty and too small. Will need to buy 12 to stick them to every tool. Also needs direct line of sight to the unit. 

3. Due to needing the hose mount on the left, my filter cleaning bar thing is on the back and kind of a pain in the ass to operate. 

4. Jointing and planing two small boards with a couple of cuts on the table saw has almost half filled the 35 gallon drum. 

I have not figured out how to determine how much better this system is than the previous, but it seems to me to be less dusty in the shop than usual. 

Picture of the two boards ready for glue up for interest. 

438C9349-A9CE-41BD-8853-A53916ED5140.jpeg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 3