Woodworkers of Head Case unite!

swt61

On 2/26/2023 at 5:03 PM, Grahame said:

Would you really want Brent?

FTFY

14 hours ago, VPI said:

Spent way too much of my time today fixing broken blast gates and the shitty planer so ended up giving up on milling the workbench top and started on my science experiment. So cool. 

EC693834-E42C-4420-9909-A06168EDB7DB.jpeg

Does it keep good time?

• Like 1

I was very much thinking of watch building as I put it together. Really like this guy’s product as he is super over the top detailed in his build and even provides special tools to put it together that appear to be custom made as well. 

Since it is going to take me six months to build this bench due to lack of room and shitty mitre saw, I might end up buying some of his nerdy accessories and go all out with the vices for the bench. 

Andrew Klein. He also made a cool app for confirming bandsaw blade tension by tone and a crazy invisible screw thingy. 

Fucking piece of shit Bosch mitre saw is giving me some massively out of square end cuts on the legs. If I had the room I would go buy something else and build a mitre saw station instead of this bench. Between the loose lock downs and the worst designed stop block in the world, this thing is about five minutes from going in the lake.

Now going to try to further calibrate this thing as my delve square shows the blade is pretty square to the table and the fence. 

E899E93D-8D19-41B7-BF58-8D690BA8DB38.jpeg

98653E77-11D0-4C6D-8362-2074323549F0.jpeg

36B1CE46-7941-426B-8329-F71F7C3DF090.jpeg

Edited by VPI
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wiring the service for 20amp or just changing the outlet?

I am about beat and beaten down by milling maple that twists back as soon as you cut it to size after running all 87k lbs of it through the jointer and planer. Might take the rest to the lumber guy and pay him to run it through this big machines. 

19 minutes ago, VPI said:

Wiring the service for 20amp or just changing the outlet?

I am about beat and beaten down by milling maple that twists back as soon as you cut it to size after running all 87k lbs of it through the jointer and planer. Might take the rest to the lumber guy and pay him to run it through this big machines. 

Just the outlet so it fits that plug without an adapter. 

Might need to let the wood settle for a week after first surfacing. I had no issues with all the rough lumber I used for mine though. 

All the mortises are cut so beginning the tenon process tonight. Also got the back, ugly half, of the bench top glued up except for the Birds Eye maple that will be the visible side the bench top. 

B45C0CA6-382A-47D1-BAE3-AF6420799EFE.jpeg

• Like 3

My Milwaukee holder needs about 4 more slots now so I am going to have to rebuild. 

The new Veritas shoulder plane is going to get some work as the SawStop dado blades did not give me fantastic shoulders on my tenons. 

1E4A7C42-1089-451B-A30C-A83EECC540CC.jpeg

4BACAA15-145A-436A-BF99-E1AB8CB63554.jpeg