Nate's Cycling Adventure 2021 - The 10th Wave

n_maher

Once again this year I'm prepping to ride a century in support of the Kelly Brush Foundation. Between indoor Zwifting, the MTB, and multiple road bikes I've been pounding (or is it prancing?) on the pedals this year.  I've amassed some 2,600+ training miles already with a goal of getting as close to 3,000 before the event as possible.  This year marks a return to the in-person ride up in VT, with friends mostly coming from near by to do this as a group as safely as possible.  For me this is the 10th century that I've done in support of either Northeast Passage or Kelly Brush and I'm looking forward to enjoying it.  

A bit about KBF - they are a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals with spinal cord injuries in finding ways to get out and enjoy an active lifestyle.  For me, this is a cause close to my heart.  I love the outdoors and the freedom to explore it in a variety of ways and have worked with organizations like the KBF for the last twenty years to help others do the same.   

So the mission remains the same, 'm trying to raise a bunch of money again this year with a goal of $2,000.  As usual, all of the donations are tax deductible and maybe some legislation will get passed this year to make that more meaningful but really, I'm hoping the motivation isn't just to get a write off.  So for those that are interested, here's the link to my personal fund raising page - https://kbf.akaraisin.com/ui/2021KellyBrushRide/p/59fc933a03a54ed49869208beac367ff

Any donation large or small is very much appreciated.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Done #2!

I didn't mean I did number two.

Well, actually I did do number two this morning, but that has nothing to do with this. I just meant that I donated second, after Todd. Oh hell, you know what I mean.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 1

No worries Brent and thanks to everyone that has supported this.  The team is currently the fourth highest fundraisers having met our overall goal and the event itself is doing amazing.  Training continues to go well although it was a light week this week with multiple work events and remnants of a hurricane pushing me indoors. Still, I'm feeling well prepared and will spend part of this weekend making sure the bike is good to go for next weekend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1