I finally heard the ER4S but ...

jinp6301

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i ordered the e4rp from headroom last night. :) huzzah, looks like I might get into IEMs.

You won't be disappointed. Etymotic has yet to send my my replacement pair, but I love the er4p to death. Was thinking about getting a pair of se530s, but I think I could be happy with the er4p forever. So crisp and crystal clear. IMHO, it makes everything I listen to sparkle.

Does anyone know if headroom includes any sweet caramel flavored candies with IEM orders? It would be fantastic to enjoy delicious candy when my IEMs arrive.

I'm pretty sure that's a special order, but probably best not to get it. Chewy caramel and iems don't go together well at all.

First impressions: great balanced sound, good bass weight, excellent highs, maybe a tad congested in the midrange.

However, I remember now why I sold my iM716s, because having IEMs in my ears makes me want to drink poison. My ears just itch itch ITCH, ARGH! :mikey2: This happens with both the triple flange and the foamies, its almost impossible for me to stand having them in more then one or two songs. I have to rip them out and shove my finger in my ear and scratch scratch scratch, oh thank the gods for this sweet scratch.

Any tips on possibly prolonging my IEM listening experience?

you'll get used to it, just keep wearing them. and i find it helps if your ears are very clean, and slightly dampen the triflange with some water (i just use my tongue, myself).

OK, its getting a little better. I find its best when I just insert them and leave them be. If I keep pulling them out and trying to put them back in to get a "better" fit, it ends up just irritating my ear canal, which starts the itching. Of course the possibility of channel imbalance drives me fucking nuts, especially since the IEMs can feel like they are in each ear differently, even if they aren't. So I just have to tell myself to cool out and listen to the music.

Just did a little Harnoncourt & Aimard Beethoven Piano Concerto. Sounded good as an MP3 ~245kb/s V0 fast. Little hollowish in the piano notes, not totally full and natural, but still an impressive sound.