I finally heard the ER4S but ...

jinp6301

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone's interested, IM716 uses ER88 filters from Etymotics. I'm tempted to grab a pair of those IM716s myself.

Good info.

This is what happened with the right side of my im716: I was taking the tips off to clean them and a piece of wax touched the grey screened part (the filter?). I tried to remove it but this resulted in it getting pushed in a bit more. Put the tips back on and I wasn't getting any sound out of that side.

Does this sound like simple filter replacement to you guys?

it sounds like you have earwax buildup on your eardrum. Take your eardrum replacement tool (they sell them at wine stores, with the twisty bit for eardrum removal. You can use a piece of pie tin as your new eardrum. Carefully insert the tool into your ear. You'll feel slight discomfort, but you want to go in far enough that you feel a "pop", and then have a warm liquid sensation in the back of your throat. Then gently, but firmly pull to remove the old eardrum. Then cut a piece of pie tin the size of the tip of your pinky, and insert it into your ear. Push until you feel discomfort, and then go another .75 inches. Bingo. All better. You won't notice the problem with your headphones anymore. You should replace both eardrums at the same time for balance purposes.

it sounds like you have earwax buildup on your eardrum. Take your eardrum replacement tool (they sell them at wine stores, with the twisty bit for eardrum removal. You can use a piece of pie tin as your new eardrum. Carefully insert the tool into your ear. You'll feel slight discomfort, but you want to go in far enough that you feel a "pop", and then have a warm liquid sensation in the back of your throat. Then gently, but firmly pull to remove the old eardrum. Then cut a piece of pie tin the size of the tip of your pinky, and insert it into your ear. Push until you feel discomfort, and then go another .75 inches. Bingo. All better. You won't notice the problem with your headphones anymore. You should replace both eardrums at the same time for balance purposes.

Medicaid won't cover it!

haha that's great