Do the smilie icons all look the same?

Elephas

Do the smilie icons all look the same?  

1. 1. Do the smilie icons all look the same?

• Yes, they all look the same
    • No, they are as individual as headphones
    • Are you blind? Or deaf? (arguably more important on this forum)
    • Your 2nd poll thread already? You think you're some kind of "California"?
    • I wanted to point this out earlier, but was afraid of the mods

Is it just me or do the smilie icons all look the same? Well, except for the confused, devil and afro ones. Even so, the question marks and the devil horns are really small.

Sure, I can roll the cursor over them and see their labels while typing my post, but this doesn't work when reading a thread.

Elephas, I also had trouble with the smilies here when I first started posting. To me, they all looked the same, and I had a hard time telling their moods apart (aside from the devil, the afro, mikey01, and the dancing man). But to be honest with you, these days they are some of my favorite smilies on the internet. You'll get used to them. :)

I'm using a 24" monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. I assume many of you are also using large monitors? I don't like sitting very close to the monitor. I'm around 5 feet away, more if leaning back on the chair. I can use the zoom function on Firefox to expand text size, but the smilies are fixed-size.

Wait, what happened to jinp6301 when he made fun of the smilies? I can't edit the original post. Help?

Random smilie -> >:D

:) happy

;) winky

:D laugh

;D toothy grin

>:( h8 mods

:( mods make me sad

:o damn that zebrawood and/or omega II looks nice

8) cool cat

??? confused

::) roll eyes

:P kind of a sad tongue smilie

:-[ embarassed!

:-X i ain't sayin nothing OR sour mouth

:-\ huh?

:-* typically means some kind of man on man love action or kiss my ass. infer from context.

:'( oh noes

>:D live/evil

O0 i listen to the beat and the rhyme is wrote / see i was sixteen eyes full of hope

:laugh: tongue laugh

:angel: dead angel

:mikey1: mikey1

:mikey2: mikey2

:police: police

:dance: sharing in the universal groove

I also use a 13" Macbook and its screen is really tiny. All right, I admit you guys are eagle eyes and I'm more like a rhino. Hmm, what if my ears are as bad as my eyes?

Btw, ::) is the "postjack is a dork" smiley.

I agree, how long did it take to make that post, clicking on all those smilies and typing? And he mis-spelled "embarrassed," that's embarrassing, for a dork.

I also use a 13" Macbook and its screen is really tiny. All right, I admit you guys are eagle eyes and I'm more like a rhino. Hmm, what if my ears are as bad as my eyes?

I agree, how long did it take to make that post, clicking on all those smilies and typing? And he mis-spelled "embarrassed," that's embarrassing, for a dork.

:'( <--sad

I liked postjack's post! With one minor quibble:Wait, what? Why does it appear to you that he's "kind of...sad"? It's more like "poker face tongue smilie". "Poker face" does not equal "kind of sad".

Postjack is kind of sad, so everything he reads goes through that filter. He's emo

I liked postjack's post! With one minor quibble:Wait, what? Why does it appear to you that he's "kind of...sad"? It's more like "poker face tongue smilie". "Poker face" does not equal "kind of sad".

well, I guess compared to the super happy HF tongue smiley, he looks kind of sad. :P But taken on its own, your right, its not a sad smiley, just kind of plain. Maybe vacant smiley? Dumb, hollow smiley?

well, I guess compared to the super happy HF tongue smiley, he looks kind of sad. :P But taken on its own, your right, its not a sad smiley, just kind of plain. Maybe vacant smiley? Dumb, hollow smiley?
indifference.jpg
It takes 46 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.