Zhalou: fotm or BEST EVAR?!

hungrych

Zhalou: fotm or BEST EVAR?!  

1. 1. Zhalou: fotm or BEST EVAR?!

• BEST EVAR
    • BEST EVAR!
    • BEST EVAR!1!
    • BEST EVAR!1!!!!
    • dirty monkey pretzel whatever (BEST EVAR)
    • Poop on a stick. word.

Most definitely the best deal ever.

Where else can I get both my pair of headphones blown at the same time for $75?

And jeez.. c'mon.. the fully upgraded model is $300 and it destroys the Esoteric P70/D70 for $10000.. so it's worth $10000+. You save $9700 by going with the Zhaolu!

The Zhaolu is Stereophile Class A++, since it's better than the Class A+ P70.

The solder joint quality on the boards is mediocre, my crap-ass Panasonic DVD/CD player has better joints, nevermind my pro audio Denon 650F. Not to mention barely twisted power leads which'll radiate noise all over the place. It looks all pretty at first glance, but the actual quality is questionable. I can solder better with my left hand, and let's just say I have some difficulty spanking the monkey with my left hand. I say it's yet another over-hyped POS.

pretzels? hmmm... pretzels. what are we talking about again? :P;)

I should have listened to that zhalou while at the saratoga meet, but I didn't really do much listening with most of the gear. too many people, and most of it really didn't seem that interesting to me.

I did listen to a certain someone's super great tube amp (or so he wanted me to believe) and it really was spectacularly bad, or so I thought when compared to amps overall. doubt this zhalou would fare any different with me.

zhaolu better than the 14k esoteric combo? nah come on...

LOL. You think that's funny, but I am actually caught in an interesting dilemma. I am actually trying to decide between: A) Buying the Zhaolu for ~$300 and call it a day, vs. B) Buying a brand new Esoteric X-03 at 50% discount (don't ask) MSRP $7200.

Option (B) seems to be very tempting, but the darn thing does not have digital inputs >:( which I absolutely need for my audio PC.

LOL. You think that's funny, but I am actually caught in an interesting dilemma. I am actually trying to decide between: A) Buying the Zhaolu for ~$300 and call it a day, vs. B) Buying a brand new Esoteric X-03 at 50% discount (don't ask) MSRP $7200.

Option (B) seems to be very tempting, but the darn thing does not have digital inputs >:( which I absolutely need for my audio PC.

Buy and sell and use the money for a DV70 dac? >:D