Altmann Attraction DAC

postjack

is that the thing that uses a car battery? no thanks.

yup, car battery.

speaking of power, I got my brick wall in today, its great! believe it or not, it has almost completely eliminated the ever-present hum on my Bellari. Only when I have no music playing and my pot at max can I just barely hear a tiny bit of hum. :dance:

yup, car battery.

speaking of power, I got my brick wall in today, its great! believe it or not, it has almost completely eliminated the ever-present hum on my Bellari. Only when I have no music playing and my pot at max can I just barely hear a tiny bit of hum. :dance:

I lub my clean power.

Like the BYOB amplifier, the complete electronic assembly of the Attraction DAC is vibrationally optimized, as the pcb is flat-press-mounted on a specially treated spruce-board. This construction is time-consuming during manufacture, but improves sound quality, as all components are mechanically coupled to a musical sound board.

Uhh..

At 750 EURO for the base model I think I'll pass. :o

And postjack, you realize that most of the DIY power supplies that we use are far superior to batteries, right?

Yeah, pretty pricey for a circuit board stuck on some wood.

No, I don't know anything about DIY power supplies, or car batteries for that matter. :-[ ahm lernin tho. ;D

Yeah, pretty pricey for a circuit board stuck on some wood.

No, I don't know anything about DIY power supplies, or car batteries for that matter. :-[ ahm lernin tho. ;D

Maybe if the wood was nice, but spruce :P

edit: p-jizzle only because you're my homeboy, here's a link to someone on Hfi using it: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246541&highlight=k1000