Balanced Beta 22 Group Buy at Rockhopper Audio

thrice

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, thrice has gone mental. :o

And man, those pics on your site are tight! Nice work.

Pshhh, let's wait to see if anyone orders first ;) I'm hoping to get all ten orders filled so I can take a picture of 40 fully populated Beta 22 boards on my work bench.

Deww eeet

Check the mirror cheif, you're the one without a home amp. :P Most reports have the beta doing a pretty fine job with the K1000's although I'm not sure anyone with the L3000's has had a go with it yet that I've read. Kill two birds with one stone and save some coin in the process. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Stephen doesn't charge nearly enough.

Check the mirror cheif, you're the one without a home amp. :P Most reports have the beta doing a pretty fine job with the K1000's although I'm not sure anyone with the L3000's has had a go with it yet that I've read. Kill two birds with one stone and save some coin in the process. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Stephen doesn't charge nearly enough.

I know my situation :'(

I need my tube amps though :mikey1:

although I'm not sure anyone with the L3000's has had a go with it yet that I've read.

I've tried the L3000s with it. Here's my meet impression.

AMB's B22

Computer source / L3000s & HD600s:

There are only a handful of solid state amps I could potentially even think about buying and wanting to own long term and this just got added to my short list. This amp easily ranks up there with the likes of the dynahi possibly even bettering it, yet I would need more time to make such a bold claim. The B22 walks an extremely fine line offering an analytical, technical and albeit precise presentation, but never losing the emotional feel and beautiful musical splendor with an ever so slight organic and warm undercurrent. Overall an amazing sounding amp.

grrrr, my "buy" alarm is flashing red... :-X but I don't even need a new amp. :mikey2:
Since when has "need" had anything to do with anything we do here at head-case, in the headphone world? I just had the following conversation with a co-worker:

Co-w: What does a two thousand dollar headphone get you that a one hundred dollar headphone won't get you?

Me: Uh...uh...um...

(Didn't want to explain prat and all that to him.)

Also: I agree that thrice's balanced Beta-22 is the best solid state headphone amp I've heard besides the diamond buffer balanced dual- monoblock max.

And I've heard it with my "ahem" W3000's -- that would the the headphones that I will be getting it for, eventually.

No, no...that W3000 is coming back to me if Dusty decides to sell it someday. That's a sale I'm regretting, although I don't regret that it went to Dusty...I know he appreciates it. Guess I need to start looking for another W100 ;)

Stay on topic...BUY MY AMPS! O0

No, no...that W3000 is coming back to me if Dusty decides to sell it someday. That's a sale I'm regretting, although I don't regret that it went to Dusty...I know he appreciates it. Guess I need to start looking for another W100 ;)

Stay on topic...BUY MY AMPS! O0

No way, you sold it, he can sell it to me if he wants. Besides, I'm local.

[me=grawk]threatens thrice with an amp *shoot out* :)[/me]