Thank god...

n_maher

I don't have any available funds for headphones... :o

For the banned/can't read/whatever:

I've simply got too much gear, and no place to put it. So, this system is up for sale. The headphone is the Stax Omega II (SR-007) in very good condition. Performance is excellent. No obvious flaws, but I think the elastic supported band over the head is not retracting properly on one side (does not affect comfort or performance in any way). The Stax case for the headphone is included, of course. The amp is the Stax SRM-007t. The amp has a single-ended passthrough on input 1, and is capable of accepting balanced input on input 2. The amp is in excellent condition, with one cosmetic flaw. The power LED went out, and I installed a replacement. I could not get the original LED out of the power switch assembly, or find one of the same size, so there is an off-size LED behind the power switch assembly (I tried to catch this in one of the photos). Most people don't notice this, and it has no effect on function, of course. The amp is set for US voltage. The amp comes with original box and manual, schematic and bias instructions, and the tubes I have been using. In addition, I will add a matched set of backup tubes (Raytheon (Japan), Mazda-Brimar, RCA, or Sylvania), whichever brand the buyer would like (the installed tubes are the Raytheon type). Price includes shipping and Paypal fees in the US. International shipping will be at the buyer's expense, and I can't guarantee that the buyer will be able to change the voltage setting on the amp. Price for system: $2050.

Note: I am selling this as a system, and will not break it up at this time. I do not use PM, so please contact me through my email link.

o21.jpg

o22.jpg

o23.jpg

o24.jpg

o25.jpg

Two weeks ago I would have been all over it, but I went for speakers instead.

Keep in mind that with the new O2MKII on the horizon, cheap O2's might start popping up all over the place. Hirsch probably made a smart move selling them now as opposed to waiting a few months.

Either way, one heck of a deal.

Sale is already pending on that (waiting for cashier's check). The move wasn't really motivated by the MkII appearing. I've simply got too many headphones and amps, and some have to go. Since I've got the Sennheiser electrostatic headphones, the OII was expendable. More will be appearing shortly (anybody interested in a Headphile-modded CD3000?). Besides, I've got other hobbies to feed. That amp and headphone will buy me a really nice Waterman Patrician. >:D

That amp and headphone will buy me a really nice Waterman Patrician. >:D

I'm always bouncing back and forth between the same two hobbies, but I know you are more of a vintage collector, while I prefer moderns. I do have a Danitrio Raw Ebonite Mikado Eye Dropper with a stub nib I'm probably going to sell. The pen is HUGE, and the nib is HUGE. This pen eats the MB149 for breakfast. Its nib and filling mechanism make it completely impractical for everyday use, so I'm not sure why I bought it. The ebonite does smell amazing though.

Funny, I just realized I usually shy away from "vintage" audio gear as well.

I'm always bouncing back and forth between the same two hobbies, but I know you are more of a vintage collector, while I prefer moderns. I do have a Danitrio Raw Ebonite Mikado Eye Dropper with a stub nib I'm probably going to sell. The pen is HUGE, and the nib is HUGE. This pen eats the MB149 for breakfast. Its nib and filling mechanism make it completely impractical for everyday use, so I'm not sure why I bought it. The ebonite does smell amazing though.

I've been steadily moving toward vintage pens of the '20s and '30s. Of the big companies I've been leaning towards Waterman, as they've had consistently great nibs for me, and of the smaller ones, I'm really gravitating towards Chilton. Possibly the most elegant engineering of any pen, vintage or modern, but gone by the end of the '30s.

i and others here have heard and owned headphile modded CD3000s. believe me, there would be a mighty "pffft" ;D

I can't tell if this is good, or if everyone's been sitting around the campfire eating beans >:D

The CD3000 I've got is a significant improvement over the stock one. I've considered selling it before, but made the mistake of listening to it before posting the ad. Consequently, the ad never got posted.

I'm still profoundly skeptical of the benefits of the whole headphile process and the accompanying pricetag. What's it really do? I mean I guess I can see what it does for

open phones (Makes them closed).

Also how's his cable? I'd be surprised if it stacks favorably against say [AK]Zip's cable.

I'm still profoundly skeptical of the benefits of the whole headphile process and the accompanying pricetag. What's it really do?

Man, it's obvious!

* It makes Larry richer

* It makes you more popular with asshat extraordinaire & friends.

* It pads your postcount because now you can post that headphile pic in at least 10 places between all the post your beyer/post your system/what did you buy/man what a difference/post why you can't get girls/etc. threads

* It makes you think twice before you do something like that again

;)

Man, it's obvious!

* It makes Larry richer

* It makes you more popular with asshat extraordinaire & friends.

* It pads your postcount because now you can post that headphile pic in at least 10 places between all the post your beyer/post your system/what did you buy/man what a difference/post why you can't get girls/etc. threads

* It makes you think twice before you do something like that again

;)

:laugh: :laugh: ;D

Well, hirsch did say something along the lines of his CD3k > L3000.

I might have said CD3K > W2002, but it's not better than the L3000, in any form. OTOH, the CD3K represented decent value at its price point. I'm not sure that's true of the L3000 at its current price point. For that kind of money, you can get an Omega II and amp and still have change (if you look hard) >:D