Go long!

Dusty Chalk

• 2 months later...

hrm... b&w is the bose of hi-fi. their speakers are overpriced and overhyped. that's not to say they don't sound good, just that there are much much better performers at any of their price points. they cater to the upper middle class guys building a home theater in their mcmansion.

that said, there is one exception, which are their reference loudspeaker, the nautilus 800's...those are absolutely fantastic speakers and compete well at the +15k level...methinks

i have not heard this football though, so maybe it's a winner!

mjb

hrm... b&w is the bose of hi-fi. their speakers are overpriced and overhyped.

This only means that you've not heard enough of them (B&W and other speakers). You certainly aren't the the first person to say that; most likely you've heard people say this and joined the bandwagon. B&W may not be impressive, but they are decent. There may be many better speakers out there for the same price, but they're not overrated or overvalued. There certainly are a lot of worse speakers out there for the price. B&W is wide known and successful; success brings doubters. Though I'll have to say that their lower-end speakers aren't noticeably impressive in my opinion; there are certainly better speakers at these corresponding price points.