ksc35/75: overrated or no?

steel102

I didn't really like the KSC35's when I heard them, but for $15 to $25 they are a good deal I suppose like others have said.

for somewhat the same price I may like my ATH-RE3 better (got them for about 2500 yen new)... of course I never had a chance to compare them directly and there's some personal preferences at play here.

I didn't really like the KSC35's when I heard them, but for $15 to $25 they are a good deal I suppose like others have said.

for somewhat the same price I may like my ATH-RE3 better (got them for about 2500 yen new)... of course I never had a chance to compare them directly and there's some personal preferences at play here.

;D

PortableRig2.png

I personally adore my KSC-35's and am currently thinking about selling my K271S's to live with only the Koss for a while. I'm looking into getting a Stax setup, so what a better way to save some money. I think they sound fantastic coupled with the Hornet, but I'm also extremely interested in those ATH-RE3's.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 50's which are generally considered a notch down (mainly due to fit which I don't have a problem with), and despite all my gear I still get "dang, that sounds good" moments walking around listening to them from my nano.

So no, absolutely not overrated, Koss did a great job with those drivers. Perfect for portable use.

Edit: but no, they aren't giant killers :)

• 2 weeks later...

They are the best headphones under $ 29.95, wait make that they are the best headphones under $ 31.65 ;);D

My set fell apart in about a month so they're not as good a deal as some make them out to be.

What did you do to them? I still have my original set that are about 3 years old and are used just about daily.

Huh ??? Why's that a big deal? Just about any cable that is slapped onto a KSC35/75 is going to be more expensive than the phones.

Now here is the way it's done.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://home.comcast.net/~yikes/SA5000_1.jpg

The lime green background really brings out its eyes ;)

And then there are those - with cables costing more than twice the headphone they're connected.

They sure do sound nice, though. I look forward to listening to them again. ;D