6th gen iPod Classic, 3rd gen iPod Nano, 1st gen iPod Touch

Nanoha

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only the iPod had native FLAC and/or drag-and-drop support, it would make the Classic utterly enticing.

Otherwise, it's too much of a hassle for me to use. (Even though I use Rockbox, its GUI is way too ugly.)

My library is in FLAC, so I can either directly import it (if it supported FLAC) or have Foobar convert FLAC files on the fly (if it supported drag-and-drop).

My 5G 60GB Video running Rockbox has been great, but I have to remove music to put new music on. That wasn't tough for a while... There was a lot of stuff I didn't miss. But now it's getting tougher and tougher. Thankfully I'm not in a position where I can even consider an iPod upgrade right now, so it's not even an issue :D

dam i just got my vide 80 gig ipod a month ago. 160 gigs for the same price, bleh.

whatever they come out with new ones every 6 months. if u need to get a new one to be cool, your gay. The touch one looks like its for people who are too cheap to buy an iphone but want to still look super awesome.

It's tempting to sell my 80GB for the 160GB, but I haven't been it much lately so I can't see how to justify the expense.

I think the iPod Touch is actually pretty cool. Once the price comes down and the storage goes up I can see this replacing the nano line or even the classic line entirely. Wi-fi access iPod with big screen and 200GB of storage...yeah I'd go for that.

I think the iPod Touch is actually pretty cool. Once the price comes down and the storage goes up I can see this replacing the nano line or even the classic line entirely. Wi-fi access iPod with big screen and 200GB of storage...yeah I'd go for that.

See, that's what I was hoping for - bigger storage. I could've justified the price if the storage was 60gb - 80gb, but not for 16gb.

And the mass purge of iPod continues on the other forum.

My 160GB iPod Classic arrive yesterday and I'm impressed. It sounds better than I had expected and it appears according to Vinnie it's not worth iModding (It must kill him to say that)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259258.

I really wish I had heard a 5.5G model to compare but based on what's being said, the Classic should in theory sound better than a stock 5.5G model. It certainly sounds very good for a portable device.