6th gen iPod Classic, 3rd gen iPod Nano, 1st gen iPod Touch

Nanoha

My 160GB iPod Classic arrive yesterday and I'm impressed. It sounds better than I had expected and it appears according to Vinnie it's not worth iModding (It must kill him to say that)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259258.

I really wish I had heard a 5.5G model to compare but based on what's being said, the Classic should in theory sound better than a stock 5.5G model. It certainly sounds very good for a portable device.

damn, now i really want one

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 160GB iPod Classic arrive yesterday and I'm impressed. It sounds better than I had expected and it appears according to Vinnie it's not worth iModding (It must kill him to say that)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259258.

More than anything I like to think of it as a giant kick in trose's nutsack, I've never had an issue with Vinnie.

More than anything I like to think of it as a giant kick in asshat extraordinaire's nutsack, I've never had an issue with Vinnie.

Yes, I've not seen any comments from asshat extraordinaire since Vinnie posted his findings as of yet. Yesterday he was getting pretty hyped up about the thought of an iModded 160GB Classic and seemed to assume it was just a simple inevitability and that he'd be first in line. I replied to him commenting that I hoped Apple had done a better job with the Classic and that the iMod was redundant although I hadn't expected there'd turn out to be so much truth to it. Must come as quite a blow to him.

i stopped by the apple store a bit earlier and checked out the new stuff. i find the new shuffle colors somewhat effeminate except possibly the red and of course, the standard silver isn't. a solid black shuffle is long over due, imo. the new nano is really awesome--so small, slim and sleek. i still can't get over how thin it actually is in person, pretty unbelievable and like the thinnest part of a fold book of matches when closed. even though, the screen is quite small it still offers very amazingly decent video. i like the flat black one a lot. i didn't spend much time with the new ipods since the design, look, and colors seems pretty much unchanged excluding the increased storage capacity. i also really like the iphone; it's very intuitive and easy to use. though, using the keyboard, calculator, and even selecting numbers on the dialpad would take some getting use to because often i hit the wrong digit or letter. the headphone jack is recessed within the iphone chassis and most, if not all IEMs will not work with it, which seriously sucks sticking with the stock ones or having to get a modification of some sort. i like the itouch, but for the extra money it seems worth it to get the iphone instead. i really hope within the next few years the ipod and nano would have a simliar iphone/itouch screen technology because it would offer more screen real estate on the small footprint and it's majorly cool. the new imacs are really fantastic looking, super fast and the keyboard layout and keys are similar to the macbooks, but the metal panel beneath is really nice and cool to the touch--again everything is so slim and sleek.

right now i am staying with my thick brick and lacking capacity 20 gb rio karma and the original green shuffle, both of which offer superior sound.

asshat extraordinaire is selling his 5.5G imod

what a traitor!

Only one of two he owns it seems, he's still keeping an 80GB one and swearing off the 6G iPod. He seems completely sure the iMods sound better than the 6G iPod despite little solid evidence on the matter. So far the only person who has heard both and said the iMod + V-dock is better is Vinnie himself. I'm not questioning Vinnie's honesty in the matter, he admits to being biased but gave what seems to be a fair comparison. Not a good look though. Of course given the price and loss of portability you'd hope the iMod + V-Dock would sound better, it'd be some pretty shabby pixie dust if it didn't.

Looking at other graphs, the 5.5G models have their own problems in other ways, but yes I see much profit potential selling 5.5G models to those wanting the superior iMods and V-docks. >:D

As far as the 6G goes, I hope a firmware update can help out although I wouldn't hold my breath. I like Apple but responding to consumer complaints has never been one of their strengths.