6th gen iPod Classic, 3rd gen iPod Nano, 1st gen iPod Touch

Nanoha

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not used it ll the much yet, I have an invisible shield on they way (should be here tomorrow) because I am OCD about my stuff, and I cannot deal with that chrome back. It has been pampered for about a week, so I'll really start using it next week.

That plug from my VTG is pretty fat, but the nano is still incredibly thin, and yes it looks MUCH better in real life than it does in pictures. Just int he little bit I have used it, I like it much more than the previous generation nano.

picked up a 160gb classic myself and now i am re-importing all my music that is not lossless..i will be here awhile.

the nano is amazing in life, amazingly small and thin. i love the iphone esp for Internet viewing, the view of the pages is so pc like one can not complain with the Internet alone...not including the music player, photos, or phone.

the touch was shit compared to the phone or other ipods..stupidly stupid. if your going to buy the touch just get the iphone or a nano and save a few bucks.

the classic is about the size of my old 60gb was. have not used it at all cause its updating and charging as we speak.

the three main to look at or buy today was the Nano,Classic 160, and the iphone. all three were different but I could of used either one.

loved the iphone and all its features but i could live with my nextel until feb when my contract ends, plus i could wait to see if they have a 2nd gen out by then.

the nano was a portable killer, fucker is tiny small. but for me personally the price it fits in the range is stupid. with my 10% off from my 60gb the 160 was something like $100 more then the nano. 152 more gigs for $100? why not..

if you dont need shit loads of size the nano is the stealer but if you need size then get the classic with loss less..

apple has a hell of a setup with the new products..nice!

plus you could later on buy a iphone and have your 8gig music for times you don't need or want the loss less files..

• 4 weeks later...

Having just ordered some new IEMs, I'm now considering picking up a new portable player. I admit the cool factor of the iTouch has me intrigued, and it would be super fun to take advantage of its WiFi capabilities. A coworker of mine has an iPhone, and the interface is just really sweet. Having said that, the iTouch is of course pricier then a nano, which would be my other option.

Whats the final word on the headphone jack of the iTouch? Will the ER4P work with it, or is some special adapter required?

As far as I know, the iPod Touch has the same 3.5mm stereo headphone jack as the iPhone does.

I'm just going to get an iPhone sometime in the near future and use it as my new source. Thought about the iPod classic 160gb model, but decided that I don't need that much room when carrying it around campus or when listening at home. The iPhone's 8gb should do me just fine.

which means? ???

sorry, I'm not real up on the new i-products.

oh sorry.

well, you may need an adapter if the recessed headphone out on the iPhone doesn't fit the mini plug on your headphones. But that would depend on the headphones that you get. Something like this: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/belkin-headphone-adapter-for-iphone/

well fuck me. apparently the iTouch doesn't have the recessed headphone jack problem. so no, you won't need an adapter.

That is what I remember. :dance:

I'm thinking of picking one of these up near Christmas. Not quite sure yet. I'm totally DAP-less right now

I'm thinking of picking one of these up near Christmas. Not quite sure yet. I'm totally DAP-less right now

I'm still living off of my third gen 10 gb iPod, but after thinking about it for a long time, I'm going to go with the iPhone. Apparently etymotic er6i's don't have a problem with the recessed headphone jack on the iPhone, so I'm guessing that the er-4p won't either, although I'm not sure, and haven't found any proof that that's the case as well. It kind of sucks that you have to go through so many steps to get the lineout dock on the iPhone to work properly (not to mention that apparently only the ALO one works), so I'm going to forgo an amp.