Pioneer M22 will not power up

tyrion

My M22 will not power up. I worked fine earlier in the day yesterday. I shut it down for an hour and it would not power up again. I took off the bottom and the fuse seems to be intact. Did not see any issue with the power cord connection inside. Any suggestions on where to send for repair? Thanks.

• Sad 1

i have the schematics if you need them.  no power on light means that either of 2 of the 5 fuses have popped. If its the primary fuse, put in a new one. If its the secondary fuse, likely you have shorted output transistors. And getting parts for something that old in this covid economy is next to impossible. replacement semiconductors work but don't sound anything like the originals. And some oscillate etc...

Or just replace all 5 fuses and turn it on and see what happens. You might get lucky

But given its age...

input fuse is 3 amp

amplifier fuses, 2 each on each circuit board are 500ma

all are 3ag size

Edited by kevin gilmore

that is the input fuse and looks ok.

The other fuses are on the circuit boards the power light is hooked to the fuse on the right channel circuit board.

That piece of paper is protecting something from shorting out and definitely was not stock issue.

attached manual shows how to get the circuit board out. 2 screws and 11 connectors...

pioneer_m22.pdf

• Like 1

Before launching it somewhere definitely get some batteries for the volt/ohm meter and check the fuses the right way (not visual) as one or more of them could be shot and you just can't see it.  It'd also be good to check to make sure power is actually getting to the amp and then see if it's getting beyond the switch (like Kevin suggested) and then check a few other things.  Hard to imagine that it just went poof one day without any sign/smell/etc. 

• Like 1