!!! A WARNING TO ALL!! Do NOT use Head-Fi's Resources!!!

mjg

I've posted this in the "So is Head-Fi The Matrix and Headcase the real world?" but thought some might not be able to read it. Anyway, here it is.

This is so crazy. Head-Fi exists here in this alter-universe, but Head-Case isn?t suppose to exist on Head-Fi. It?s like the Matrix.

The levee has broken and the water is seeping in. It seems like only a matter of time. Resistance is seemingly a futile battle and can only postpone the inevitable that more and more Head-Fiers are going to gravitate one way or other to this site. Because its content is so juicy, nothing like a good tabloid, gossip or finally being able to speak one?s mind.

American is such a great place where virtually anyone can start a website. But monopolies often results in high prices and inferior products and such systems just doesn't work as effectively when there is only one service provider because there is no incentive to improve it.

Head-Case isn't like the other Head-Fi competitor sites because it?s a direct offshoot of Head-Fi. Most if not all of the familiar personas are popping up and probably will continue to do so on a daily basis. Head-Fi thrives in large part due to active posters. And as I perceptive it the major issues usually addressed here (or at least the one?s I?ve found interesting) so far are those that pertain to concerns (some more legitimate than others) that some at Head-Fi have been sweeping under the rug for too long. I can only imagine and hope that a bit of retrospection and reassessment is taking place at camp Head-Fi. I think it isn?t in anyone?s interest to go to war. I think people that come here (at this point) are looking for something different then when those same people go to Head-Fi, but for mods to alienate or threaten us for speaking our minds only services to put fuel to the ranting fires. (I believe I got a taste of retribution)

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Mods are not Gods, but sometimes they like to pretend.

I hope this site provides some thought provoking insight that certain things could be improved at Head-Fi. I suppose if the path taken thus far has resulted in the need for a site like this to be created so that certain eyes are opened to continue business as usually probably isn?t the best course of action.

as long as the total douchebags are prevented from coming here, like imho for example. do i really have to say it? nah, not worth my time, but the list could go on and on and on and............

the mods here just need to be careful that the place isnt too douched up, although with such great moderation (re: very little) i think the referenced douchebags would retreat back to their "community" over at heedfi.

I find it hilarious that while all the chasing down of bunnies and such occurs at Head-Fi that sigs like [link removed to protect the innocent], which clearly direct traffic to another headphone related site go unnoticed, uncared about or just ignored. At least I know where the rickeraptormonsterwhatever hangs out since he was banned.

And welcome to the Head-Fi moderation team, this should be a fun little discussion group.

• 4 years later...

I guess this is as good a place as anywhere to make my first post/introduce myself.... Jude's totalitarian moderating has driven me here; the straw that broke the camel's back this time was the uDAC 2 testing thing.

You resurrect a 5 year old thread to complain about Jude's moderating?

I guess this is as good a place as anywhere to make my first post/introduce myself.... Jude's totalitarian moderating has driven me here; the straw that broke the camel's back this time was the uDAC 2 testing thing.

They still moderate?

You would prefer shovelitarian moderating, then?

Before complaining too much about HF moderation, I'd like to make you aware that 3 moderators here are also moderators at HF. So putting down HF moderation won't win you points here.

My advice is to calm down, read the note to which you were pointed, read a lot to get the feel of the place, and only then start posting. Your time here will be more enjoyable and a lot longer if you do this.

Good luck.

You resurrect a 5 year old thread to complain about Jude's moderating?

Yeah, I already read that like three times...

Look, I don't necessarily have a problem with the individual moderating staff. It's the way Head-Fi is run overall.

Things like no mentioning of competing headphone forums (here, of course), no mentioning ad blocking software (or anything else that hurts the bottom line), removal of posts without an explanation (I got one this last time, but before I've had posts just disappear without a word of actual explanation and without reply when I inquire about it - and I don't think that's excusable under any circumstances), relegating anything related to actual unbiased testing to a side forum where few visit in an attempt to quell discussion, and - above all - the ban on even talking about the moderation. And really it's that last one that gets on my goat. That's why I called it totalitarian.

I don't have an agenda, I just don't want to be in that sort of place.

Why do you assume we care enough about anything you're talking about to have that be your introduction to us here?

I don't know and don't care if you care. I'm just telling it like it is. There's no place for discussing anything related to the moderation at Head-Fi there, so I posted my thoughts here for better or worse. Apparently you don't like that... Probably because you think I'm whining. If that's what it sounds like, well I didn't intend it, but tough, I said it.

He probably doesn't even know what this thread is all about either; just glanced at the title and assumed it was a "don't use Head-Fi" thread.

Actually, I read the thread in its entirety before even registering here. It alone wasn't the reason - beyond having another place to get my audio fix, the kicker for me was this statement "We are sometimes quite rude, often irreverant, and regularly abusive." - I figured that this was the sort of place I'd like. Based on the response here so far, I'd say my presumption was correct.

jude rarely does any headfi moderating. several of us do, tho. you may have found the wrong site.

Perhaps I have, but I rather like abuse. As long as it's warranted, which here it certainly is.

I was told this in what you might call my "home forum" - which appropriately goes by the name "NO RESTRICTIONS - climaxing through lentil ingestion?":

othershi2t.jpg

NOTE: The above diagram is not to scale. The shit Ben is expert in is much, much larger than our universe or that other shit part two universe but there's just not enough pixels in any of these universes to represent the fact correctly.

I don't know and don't care if you care. I'm just telling it like it is. There's no place for discussing anything related to the moderation at Head-Fi there, so I posted my thoughts here for better or worse. Apparently you don't like that... Probably because you think I'm whining. If that's what it sounds like, well I didn't intend it, but tough, I said it.

And I'm just calling it like it is. You wouldn't have posted what you posted without thinking it would somehow be received well, but since you didn't even bother to get to know the members of this site before complaining, you're just showing yourself to be a fool.

We may be asses around here, but fools don't last long.