!!! A WARNING TO ALL!! Do NOT use Head-Fi's Resources!!!

mjg

how ironic. i wonder why he decided to get one. i suppose he wanted to secure his persona and especially in the event he had something of importance to communicate.

he was invited here from the begining.

does anyone really care what the headfi police/dick-tators think? really, if this is truly the alternative or rebel headphone site why would anyone give a flying fuck what they think? i could see jahn, who is firmly implanted in the headfi "community" not wanting to piss anyone over there off, but i thought the rest of the people here who talked smack, including myself, could really care less about the powers that be at headfi and what they think. maybe tempers have cooled or people were just having knee-jerk reactions at the onset of this site, but i know i still feel the same way about headfi as i did when i came here. the majority of the mods there dont like me and i could care less and furthermore im not afraid to call them on their bullshit. maybe its me, but i could give a fuck....

does anyone really care what the headfi police/dick-tators think? really, if this is truly the alternative or rebel headphone site why would anyone give a flying fuck what they think? i could see jahn, who is firmly implanted in the headfi "community" not wanting to piss anyone over there off, but i thought the rest of the people here who talked smack, including myself, could really care less about the powers that be at headfi and what they think. maybe tempers have cooled or people were just having knee-jerk reactions at the onset of this site, but i know i still feel the same way about headfi as i did when i came here. the majority of the mods there dont like me and i could care less and furthermore im not afraid to call them on their bullshit. maybe its me, but i could give a fuck....

I am glad you found a place to vent. At times, I believe I can relate to some of your frustration at the Head-Fi regime and bureaucracy. At least as of yet, I haven?t hit heads with any of the big wigs at Head-Fi. I don?t like when I sense special treatment for certain individuals and/or merchants because this can result in a major disservice to the headphone community by attempting to influence perception especially when it seems unjustified. Another gripe is that the site bogs way too much and I don?t know whether this is truly the result of financial constrains. I suppose I may hold my tongue more often then I would like, but I believe there is a way to effectively make a point without alienating people, burning bridges, and using profanity. It is liberating to be here, but at the same time I realize that this is a public forum and my thoughts and opinions will be available for all to see for a very long time. I know that when I am angry I don?t think as well, make the best decisions, or express myself in the most effective manner possible. I usually do much better when I have had an opportunity to reflect and wait until I have a calm and cool head.

he found out about head-case on the second day from someone we invited. when the forum was first started we invited a very limited amount of people to join for the purposes of testing the site. he apparently thought this was some kind of conspiracy against him, so he tried to sign up under fake names and fake email addresses. how he possibly thought this would work, when we knew exactly who had been invited, is beyond me. after we asked who he was (since we didn't recognize his fake credentials), he alternated between threats and whining in several emails he sent to me. since head-case isn't in the whiney little bitch business, we invited him to make an account as soon as he decided to grow up and be honest. he of course could have made an account when the forum went public, but i guess he wanted to make sure we weren't plotting against him. my opinion of jude, already low, went down significantly after that episode. smoke signals, i guess.

In my experience you learn a lot about a person?s character during trying times. Honest is usually the best policy, but seemingly his morbid curiosity and awkward feelings over the creation of this new site and his desire to know-all got the better of him. I suppose having ultimate control and then losing some isn?t such an easy thing to accept, especially, if someone feels it?s a personal attack against their interests. I suppose we have all done thing we regret or wish we could change. I am for one not blameless in my walk. I hope people learn from their mistakes and take heed to constructive criticism, if not you don?t grow.

I don?t smoke. :P

....so he tried to sign up under fake names and fake email addresses....

I registered under [email protected] as username "mailsave." Why are you suggesting I registered under multiple usernames with multiple e-mail addresses when you and I both know that's not true?

....how he possibly thought this would work, when we knew exactly who had been invited, is beyond me....

When asked to do so via e-mail, I immediately told you who I was (see e-mail communication below).

....after we asked who he was (since we didn't recognize his fake credentials), he alternated between threats and whining in several emails he sent to me. since head-case isn't in the whiney little bitch business, we invited him to make an account as soon as he decided to grow up and be honest....

Here's the e-mail exchange we had that you're referring to, in which I was asked who I was, and in which I answered.

Where in this did I alternate "between threats and whining"?

Welcome to Headcase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headcase <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 6:59 PM

To: [email protected]

Your registration request at Headcase has been received, mailsave.

The username you registered with was mailsave and the password was savemail.

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

Regards,

The Headcase Team.

your headcase registration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Case <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 9:57 PM

To: [email protected]

I have recieved your headcase registration request, but I don't recognize your email address or desired user nam. If you could briedly introduce yourself and let me know which current headcase user invited you, I will process your registration request as soon as possible.

thank you,

Head Case Administrator

Jude Mansilla <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:02 PM

To: Head Case <[email protected]>

My Head-Fi username is "jude." But I am under the impression that the person who told me about Head Case didn't want me to say he referred me.

Jude Mansilla <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:07 PM

And, assuming you approve me, please change my username to "jude" and my registration e-mail to "[email protected]." I may as well be up-front with your community about my identity, as a few of them may know me.

Jude Mansilla <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:13 PM

Actually, please disregard this registration. I'll make the registration request directly from my Head-Fi Gmail account, and will register as "jude"

--Jude--

Head Case <[email protected]> Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:40 PM

To: Jude Mansilla <[email protected]>

Pending activation from your email account, your registration has been

approved.

headcase admin

....since head-case isn't in the whiney little bitch business....

You sure about that?

Wow, look who came out of the woodwork.

Yeah, in light of the actual email correspondences it does seem a bit colored.

But why did you feel the need to use a different email address and username instead of initially just being upfront?

And since I've your attention are we forbidden from using Head-Fi's pm system to inform/invite our Head-Fi friends to Head-Case?

....But why did you feel the need to use a different email address and username instead of initially just being upfront?

I was told by a few Head-Fi Members of the invitations they received through Head-Fi, and one in particular told me that he was under the impression I wasn't intended to know about it. Because of that--and because Head-Fi's resources were being used to send traffic here--I registered under "mailsave" instead of "jude."

....And since I've your attention are we forbidden from using Head-Fi's pm system to inform/invite our Head-Fi friends to Head-Case?

Yes, I have asked that Head-Fi--including its forums, PM system and e-mail relay system--not be used to send traffic here, or to any forum/site essentially serving an identical purpose as Head-Fi, in terms of topic coverage.

Jude, I'll certainly respect your request not to use the Head-Fi pm system to solicit my friend about this site.

So does this mean that private messages on Head-Fi aren't really private or is this just a code of honor thing that you imposing?

Jude, I'll certainly respect your request not to use the Head-Fi pm system to solicit my friend about this site....

Thank you.

....So does this mean that private messages on Head-Fi aren't really private or is this just a code of honor thing that you imposing?

Yes, it would be a code of honor thing, as vBulletin (Head-Fi's forum software) does not provide a means for the administrators or the moderators to read others' private messages.

mm

just my humble 2c ..

only problem , apart from the fuss that could orginate here , is that from a technical point of view private messages are private to remain private only , and undisclosed to others then the sender and the receiver; it's illegal -and against privacy law , that's quite world wide shared law nowadays- that a third part person open them and read them without permission from the original writer ; speaking legitly and from a legal point of view , a site owner ( or moderator ) doesn't own the privilege to read other member pms and doesn't have a right for opening or reading what's written inside

mm

just my humble 2c ..

only problem , apart from the fuss that could orginate here , is that from a technical point of view private messages are private to remain private only , and undisclosed to others then the sender and the receiver; it's illegal -and against privacy law , that's quite world wide shared law nowadays- that a third part person open them and read them without permission from the original writer ; speaking legitly and from a legal point of view , a site owner ( or moderator ) doesn't own the privilege to read other member pms and doesn't have a right for opening or reading what's written inside

How or better yet who is going to enforce it?

Without enforcement very little can be done unless someone is willing to start some sort of civil action or the government decides to make an example of someone and you would have to prove what happened? Privacy invasion with the high legal costs is pretty pointless to prove in a court of law unless your damages are huge or the government is making a point.

I do agree with you though.

how ironic. i wonder why he decided to get one. i suppose he wanted to secure his persona and especially in the event he had something of importance to communicate.

I hate to be blunt, but what the hell would he communicate to us? He wants to protect his baby. If anything he feels threatened by us.

I hate to be blunt, but what the hell would he communicate to us? He wants to protect his baby. If anything he feels threatened by us.

Everyone is welcome here to join just because you are the owner of another forum doesn't mean you can't or you should be prevented from posting.

In regards, to the pm issue:

You have no expectation of privacy in a forum setting, even in private messages. The ?private? designation in ?private messages? does not mean that you have a privacy interest in those messages. They are called ?private? only by virtue of the fact that they are sent personally to you, and not for the whole world to see. A public internet forum is not a democracy, and neither is it a government. The owner and/or moderator can check private messages at any time and in any way they want. You do not own your PM mailbox, which is analogous to a school locker that is school property. I just researched this last night.

Everyone is welcome here to join just because you are the owner of another forum doesn't mean you can't or you should be prevented from posting.

In regards, to the pm issue:

You have no expectation of privacy in a forum setting, even in private messages. The ?private? designation in ?private messages? does not mean that you have a privacy interest in those messages. They are called ?private? only by virtue of the fact that they are sent personally to you, and not for the whole world to see. A public internet forum is not a democracy, and neither is it a government. The owner and/or moderator can check private messages at any time and in any way they want. You do not own your PM mailbox, which is analogous to a school locker that is school property. I just researched this last night.

As a forum mod/admin of another site I know this already (and yes we inform the members that we can read their PMs). As far as Jude goes.. I think he's a frickin paranoid bubblebutt.

I definitely , really , cannot get on why do you insult or do you fell so justified insulting someone else for taking some distance or provacate someone .

I hope you are aware of the fact that this forum descend directly from head-fi .And is a speak-free forum that's very similar to head-fi apart from the fact that's relatively new , speak free , less rigidly moderated , kind of intimate .. fullstop ..

it is an altarnative and I see its means , but this doesn't make the sense for any insults , behavior which I'd really like to see dismissed when not ironic .

Many do not seem to understand that even if copyright does not exist on www forums matters or aims , head-case is possible and real because before there was head-fi ..

....i was also wrong about where the "whining and the threats" were, they were in the PMs you sent me, not in the Emails. i was the first person to get the "don't use head-fi resources, or else" PM, and if you think those weren't threatening then you are a fool. in fact, i remember language like "do you expect me to just allow you to keep doing this?", which clearly is threatening language. they also included a great deal of whining, when taken in context. in fact, the very idea that you send me a PM regarding my "stealing and redirecting resources" was whining. a temper tantrum in fact. unfortunately i no longer have those pm's, as i have had to delete them to make space, but other people have gotten similar ones (though you refined your language a bit). i'm sorry that i said you whined and threatened in email, jude, when you in fact did it via pm....

I just saved a text dump of all of the private messages between us since the beginning of the year. Here is the entirety of every PM between us in 2006:

================================================================================

To : EdipisReks

Date : 2006-02-24 18:11

Title : Question

It has come to my attention that you are using Head-Fi's resources to redirect traffic away from Head-Fi.

Is it your opinion that I should let you continue to do that?

--Jude--

================================================================================

To :

Date : 2006-02-24 20:03

Title : Re: Question

i didn't realize that i was doing that. it's not my intention to either redirect traffic from here or to use head-fi resources improperly. the PM system was simply the easiest way for me to contact members here. if you would like me to stop using the PM system for that, i will respect your wishes.

--jacob

To : EdipisReks

Date : 2006-02-24 20:23

Title : Re: Question

Yes, please don't use Head-Fi's PM system (or it's e-mail relay system) for that purpose, or anything reasonably construed as being for that purpose.

--Jude--

....between your fake attempt to register....

It was actually a genuine attempt to register. Is it "fake" because I used "mailsave" as the username? Does "EdipisReks" show up anywhere on your birth certificate? There are members here who use different usernames than the ones they use elsewhere.

And, when asked, I didn't answer "nobody here" or "Gumby." I answered honestly.

....yes, you have a completely monopoly on being a whiney bitch.

Oh, Jacob, stop with the kind welcomes, man.