!!! A WARNING TO ALL!! Do NOT use Head-Fi's Resources!!!

mjg

I recently recieved this message from somebody:

"... Do not use Head-Fi's resources--it's forums, it's PM system, it's e-mail contact function--to promote, recruit for, and/or redirect traffic to another forum (or any other purpose reasonably construed as intended to do any of the above)."

It looks like Head-fi is taking exception to any sort of attempt by members here to communicate with members via pm or e-mail at Head-fi. As fate has it, certain people are really paranoid about a recent trend in contacting people through any means provided by head-fi if they are also members here at Head-Case. Head-fi does not want us to attempt to get e-mail addresses of any of our friends, or attempt to ask via pm to any of our friends to send us e-mails... If you read that message, it implies that we shouldn't contact our friends if implicitly we allow our friends to join this establishment somehow. It's imposing an ettiqute that we no longer maintain our friendships or ties with head-fi if we somehow admit the existance of this forum and then are bold enough to include our friends here.

It seems that if people are contacted and later show up on here, that alone is substantial enough to show we are quote on quote attempting to "use Head-Fi's resources--it's forums, it's PM system, it's e-mail contact function--to promote, recruit for, and/or redirect traffic to another forum". I wouldn't be shocked to find out someone is reading our private messages being sent from head-fi after observing our participation in the invitation thread here. Logically it makes sense that if the headphone community is a persons private property, then any means to attempt to contact our friends is through Head-Fi, the brand name for our headphone community, is theft of someones private property.

We need to remember who our friends are, and remember that when we decide to burn the bridges of people we have past relationships with there aint no going back. It seems participating at Head-Case's Forums alone is essentially alienating you from head-fi, so BEWARE. Do not expect the same treatment over at head-fi if you are a member here also.

Head-fi is not a meeting place to discuss headphones, it is not a community where people can speak with an open mind. Head-fi is private property and if we attempt to mis-use it according to the owners in any shape or form, if we violate their interest of maintaining the appearance that head-case doesn't existance we will be excluded from head-fi's "resources" or maybe even worse?

Just wanted to give you guys these words in case you misunderstood that YOU CANNOT USE HEAD-FI's RESOURCES!!!!

Thanks for the time.

concretely , this means I (we) cannot contact people on head-fi through the head-fi mailing sistem ( pm or mails too) and ask if they want to partecipate here ..

ok.. maybe it is kind of better you put it in strong evidence on the " invites " thread ..

I don't know how many would really want to be put out of head-fi for choosing to partecipate here .

me no frankly , and no dubts about it , for quite a lot of reasons .

jude told me over and over and over that it was not possible for moderators to read PM's.

I loaded a copy of vbulletin and set up an entire board just to verify the statement.

I can say for a fact that anyone with administrator privledge can in fact read any PM

any time they want to. It is not an easy thing to do unless you are database aware.

The only thing that is a bit tricky is getting a users password. That is more difficult.

But not impossible.

I guess after reading this post i should be more specific.

administrators can read PM's

moderators cannot.

I can confirm that the mods are not able to read PM's.

Neil and jude, however, I think can. But I think it's only those two.

I will continue to be a member at Head-Fi, and intend to go back, but my issues there are the same as they always have been -- too much traffic. Once I log in, I'm obliged to read all the threads, and that sometimes takes me hours, and I just don't have that sort of time. It's purely a self-discipline thing, and nothing against head-fi.

I will continue to be a member at Head-Fi, and intend to go back, but my issues there are the same as they always have been -- too much traffic. Once I log in, I'm obliged to read all the threads, and that sometimes takes me hours, and I just don't have that sort of time. It's purely a self-discipline thing, and nothing against head-fi.

Heh, I know what you mean. I often catch myself queueing up a ton of threads that "I just need to read before logging off". An hour or two passes... Whoops :-[

I read the warnings. I did not feel I was breaking the rules until I was blasted with an accusatory e-mail yelling at me to stop.

I edited this all out. I guess bitching and moaning won't solve anything.

whatever.

Lock or delete this thread: let's move on and forget about this crap.

I think this forum is a healthy outlet for Certifiably Inane-ness and Politics since Head-fi has been so fucking anal retentive about it.

But considering I pay a good amount of money to subscribe to Head-fi, I can and will use Head-fi resources. Just not recruiting. Never felt the need. I may link an image now and then from the Head-fi photo gallery to use on other forums.

So as long as this forum stays crude and silly, I'll be here. ;)

-Ed

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is my Headcase persona a death wish for my Head-Fi persona? I feel like I just found an alter-universe. Do you think Jude and his minions are watching over this site too? Making a list and checking it twice gonna find out who?s naughty or nice...

Should we be paranoid?

This must be a royal pain in the ass for camp head-fi. So if I post a review or my impressions of a particular product on Head-Fi can I also post it here? Or is it pointless because most of the same heads will undoubtedly read it, but the discussion will most likely take a different course. Also would double posting between the fi/case line ruffle feathers?

I don't think folks really mind where I post, as long as I don't rob peter to pay paul so to speak. After all, it looks like my rhythm now is headcaser by day, headfier by nite - which is fine, since this place gets less traffic - so i can get more work done, hehe!

Signature Edited

grawk,

As someone posted at Head-Case, I have asked that Head-Fi's resources not be used to redirect traffic to Head-Case.

Here's your signature as it was, if you want to use the rest of it again:

Code:

"What, like the back of a volkswagen?" "I'm not mean, you're just a sissy" Collect Art, Listen to Headphones...

(\__/) Powerbook->CEC DA53->GoVibe->HHF1 #20/ATH-W10VTG Shuffle/Nano->UM2/KSC75

(O.o) Next Up: Custom Balanced M3 Forsale:Pioneer DV578a modded by RedWine, Several 6SN7s

(> <)My last.fm Homepage Give over to the Fuzz Team ATOWF Team Head-Case

Just respond to message, and the respond dialog should show the actual signature code in its entirety (between the "code" bracket). If it does not, and if you want it, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

--Jude--