Good DIY speaker amps?

fierce_freak

I was going to start out (and have some of the parts to do so) by building the boozhound labs 6SN7/6V6 speaker amp. This was mostly because I wanted to get the theory behind the design at the same time rather than just reading directions and stuffing a pcb. This build is currently on hold until I get some other stuff off my bench but I really hope to get to it this winter. And I have no idea how it would sound, only that it'd be pretty cheap to build ($300ish IIRC) and parts and tubes might easily be transitioned to other projects if I decide I don't like the way it sounds.

Thanks, Nate, that's very intersting...As you said, who knows how it sounds, but that's a good combo for the tubes (gotta love the 6v6).

I really appreciated the time and effort that the author took in explaining how the different components were selected. I may very well have a go at building it with a different input tube. Otherwise there's the ubiquitous gain-clone type amps, I've got one of those completed but have never cased it up and never applied power, yet another thing to get off my bench one of these days. Jebus, I've got a lot of stuff sitting downstairs. :-X

• 4 weeks later...