Ode to the portable CD player

HiWire

Listening to a set of Beyerdynamic Amiron -> Chord Mojo -> Panasonic SL-CT820 was the best "portable" listening I've ever heard... I think some of the high-end Sony Walkman and Astell&Kern players are in that territory, but they've never appealed to me.

They would be less cumbersome, though. It might take a while for wireless audio to reach the same heights.

Edited by HiWire
  • Like 1

I've noticed AI-colorized and AI-upsampled video and photos appearing on the internet.

Perhaps AI-upsampled or AI-mixed multichannel audio (i.e., you can move around virtually in the music venue) will be the successor to high-res audio. In its current state, I don't think most people would say high-res (in any form) has been a commercial success.

Edited by HiWire

Thank you, George Benson. The sentiments from "The Greatest Love of All" also remind me of Marvin Gaye's "Save the Children" and Cat Stevens' "Where Do the Children Play"... must have been something in the water.

I guess Vietnam, Nixon, the oil crises, stagflation, and a bunch of other stuff was making people give up on the adult generation.

Edited by HiWire