Mini Meet Outdoors with Jp

tyrion

We came to possibly the lamest conclusion, all three are pretty awesome. We had way different rankings I preferred the lcd5 of the three amd Mike the he1kse.  The lcd5 to me was the most revealing of the three and had the wettest midrange. When a headphone out details the HE1kse that's impressive and the lcd5 did just that. 

I love the other two as well and could easily and very happily live with any of these. Hifiman wins for comfort and least picky of sources while holding its own in every audio category we compared them in. 

I do think the adx5000 is the mofo steal of the century at almost half the price of the HE1kse and less than half the price of the lcd5. Very very fast sounding extremely dynamic but can be slightly thin sounding. Both the adx5000 and lcd5 improve with eq and take eq well the HE1kse doesn't need much. 

Edited by jp11801
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jp11801 said:

We came to possibly the lamest conclusion, all three are pretty awesome. 

I love the other two as well and could easily and very happily live with any of these.

A good summation of the state of headphones over the last five plus years. A gluttony of riches. And endgame for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, jp11801 said:

We came to possibly the lamest conclusion, all three are pretty awesome. We had way different rankings I preferred the lcd5 of the three amd Mike the he1kse.  The lcd5 to me was the most revealing of the three and had the wettest midrange. When a headphone out details the HE1kse that's impressive and the lcd5 did just that. 

I love the other two as well and could easily and very happily live with any of these. Hifiman wins for comfort and least picky of sources while holding its own in every audio category we compared them in. 

I do think the adx5000 is the mofo steal of the century at almost half the price of the HE1kse and less than half the price of the lcd5. Very very fast sounding extremely dynamic but can be slightly thin sounding. Both the adx5000 and lcd5 improve with eq and take eq well the HE1kse doesn't need much. 

Have you tried the ATH-R70x? Not sure how that would be described if the adx5000 is a steal… maybe freebie of the century?