Hardwiring K1000s

boomana

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds just like my g/f's uncle.. only liek quadruple the size of that house, and put a beemer or two in the driveway. *sigh* maybe one day...

You do realize that this house in the picture is around ~6000SF (ignoring the basement) and probably cost ~4mil, right? As for beemers in the driveway, they've more than got that covered. IIRC these folks were old Texas oil money.

Back on topic - I liked the Equinox Senn cable that I got to sample a year or so ago but honestly, we had three 650s hooked up all with different cables and in back to back to back testing the differences were pretty small. Sure, there were differences but we certainly weren't hearing night and day. Also, there's that huge wait time issue, which would rule it out for me.

I waited almost 4 months for a balanced Equinox LE for the HD6x0. The wait was long, but at least their estimated delivery date was accurate.

I'm tempted to order something else because of the contest they're running. Two of the things I would want are contest prizes, K701 with Equinox XLR and the hardwired cable for K1000.

You do realize that this house in the picture is around ~6000SF (ignoring the basement) and probably cost ~4mil, right? As for beemers in the driveway, they've more than got that covered. IIRC these folks were old Texas oil money.

Back on topic - I liked the Equinox Senn cable that I got to sample a year or so ago but honestly, we had three 650s hooked up all with different cables and in back to back to back testing the differences were pretty small. Sure, there were differences but we certainly weren't hearing night and day. Also, there's that huge wait time issue, which would rule it out for me.

Eh so maybe doubleit. It in watch hill, RI if you happen to be familiar with that area ;) Its one of their summer houses, and cost significantly more than 4 mil. It was a historic house that they basically stripped, and rebuilt how they wanted. They removed the elevator :(

Yeah I mean its similar, but the wire is mostly silver so at what point does it become silver plated cover versus copper cored silver. Anyway, he's supposedly tried all sorts of stuff in cables pure copper/pure silver/copper/silver wire braided together/gold/gold plated silver/stuff with palladium on it and he says this composition is what he says is the best.

Damn that Icarium and his lengthy posts ;D

And nary a typo in sight.

Alex responded to my email. That was nice and fast. The v3 hasn't yet been released (he only said soon), but stated that it's been two years in development. I'm curious enough to bite, but am waiting for time and price estimates. Listened to my Ks this afternoon. Arvo Part's Lamentante. Stunning.

Could be a good call boomana. I just upgraded to the v2 a few weeks ago and a new version is out already. Hard to stay ahead in this hobby :(

Yeah it is, so if your K1ks sound good to you don't sweat it. There will always be something newerbetterfasterquicker and constantly chasing it is like punching yourself in the nuts, if you're dumb enough to do it you deserve the result.

Patience is a virtue. I've waited for my Singlepower Supreme XLR since December. It's _this_ close to being done, but I'm worried sick that it won't make it till the Danish head-fi meet on October 13th. :( :'(

Have you mentioned the meet to Mikhail? I swear that the the two times he had my amp after I bought it, only the mention of upcoming meets got it to my doorstep after numerous "almost dones." He even overnighted it the last time to guarantee its appearance.

Have you mentioned the meet to Mikhail? I swear that the the two times he had my amp after I bought it, only the mention of upcoming meets got it to my doorstep after numerous "almost dones." He even overnighted it the last time to guarantee its appearance.

Hmm, maybe I should've done that before the Boston meet. LOL.

I guess your resolve didn't last all that long. ;D>:D

Hah! You caught my post. Yes, I ordered it. Agile_one's already received his, and based on his pm's, all other reports are true. Here's a copy/paste...Gene, I hope you don't mind....:

Well, the TakeT H2 and TR2 (XLR) arrived yesterday, so last night was spent getting them into the K1000 rig, and giving a listen. After doing so, there is no question that these can compete with the best - HE90, Omega II, R10, L3000, K1000. Yes, they are that good, and ready to play with the big boys.

The most overwhelming impression is, "natural sounding". Pretty much the most speaker like experience I've had with headphones. Huge, but not overwhelming bass, exquisite detail, micro and macro dynamics to spare, and imaging that seems just right. A whole lot to like with these. It will be really interesting when Aaron and Wayne get theirs and can directly compare to HE90, OII, and R10, as I am doing only from memory.

Perhaps the best description is that the H2 is the perfected K1000. That, to me, is a very good thing.

How could I resist when already soooooo tempted? I just did 38 hrs OT, and which should more than cover costs, even if I aged 10 years this week. I still plan on having Alex hardwire the Ks. He's told me that the v3 will be ready this Friday. I'm going to hold off only 'til I receive the TakeT so I can compare with my stock Ks, then compare with the hardwire.

Now comes the exquisite waiting period... ;D