Release: ATH-ESW9

Nanoha

As your local ATOWF die-hard member, I guess I'll have to bring this up. Not that it's special or anything. Just something worth looking at. The pictures, that are.

Worth buying if you have globs of money to play with. (Many people do tend to enjoy the ES7.)

ath-esw9.jpg

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-esw9.html

Audio-Technica definitely has a target consumer in mind with this one. It's a great headphone for people who work in offices and have some money to spend on an expensive toy. It has a small plug for computers, laptops, and digital audio players. The wood provides a taste of elegance and style. The headphone isn't very big so you can still take it to and from work and/or store it in a drawer. Also, listening to music on the go isn't specifically widespread for the older generation, so the wood != portable issue is less of an issue than we might initially believe.

• 1 month later...

Watch out there Nanaoha. Whats this shit about the older generation dude. I'm an old fart (54 and still rock'n) and all of my cans are portable. I stumbled into this portable craze at the age of 53 and went apeshit the last year. Wife just shakes her head and frowns but who gives a shit. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Watch out there Nanaoha. Whats this shit about the older generation dude. I'm an old fart (54 and still rock'n) and all of my cans are portable. I stumbled into this portable craze at the age of 53 and went apeshit the last year. Wife just shakes her head and frowns but who gives a shit. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Wait, you're calling me out because you do not agree with a generalization I made? Did I say anything that would logically offend you?

"Also, listening to music on the go isn't specifically widespread for the older generation, so the wood != portable issue is less of an issue than we might initially believe."

I fail to see how that statement would offend anyone, including adults who do listen to music on the go (for example, my grandfather). It's the truth about the majority not only here in America but more importantly in Audio-Technica's target market - Japan.

I'm rather confused here.