Battlestar Galactica

tkam

snip...

This upcoming last episode, where they are about go rescue the child Hera, strikes me as absurd. Everyone risking their lives to go rescue one child. I don't care what the reasoning is or how important this human/Cylon child is supposed to be. Whenever we're presented with "one Special Person" who is supposed to be so essential and so special, I puke.

snip...

But she is such a cutie :jbl:

snapshot20090318235234.png

Plus the entire human (real) population is all doomed without a battlestar to defend them so why not go all out for one last mission of glory instead of floating in outer space until Cavil's fleet inevitably finds and destroys them.

As genuinely heartfelt as these new cylons that have aligned themselves with the humans seem to make themselves out to be, I have no doubt they'd leave in a split second when Galactica falls apart. They know they are capable of reproduction within themselves, they really have no need to stick around with a bunch of dead weight...

Edited by deepak

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah, the kid is definitely cute and I feel like an ass for saying let her die. But how many kids did casting go through? What happened to all those other kids? :P

I'm just annoyed whenever one person is singled out as being so special. I dislike personality cults, hero-worship, etc. And when this becomes a plot device, where basically a large group of the last remaining humanity go and risk their lives for one person, I think the plot has gone bonkers.

True, without a Battlestar they are probably going to be killed. But the Cylons had the chance to do that in New Caprica, and didn't.

One of the things I liked before about the show was the struggle for survival and keeping hope alive against very large odds, in a smart and realistic way. The struggle for survival can be brutal, and even more so in deep space in a bunch of deteriorating spaceships with Cylons gunning for you.

This Hera rescue is going to succeed and I know she won't die. TV can kill off an unborn child, but it will never depict a child killed. So whenever a cute kid comes into the scene, there are no surprises.

Hmm, I wonder what Mr. Spock would think of Cylons. He would probably say they are illogical.

I'm holding off to watch the special and the final two episodes in a lump if I can over the weekend. I've enjoyed the whole show very much although it has had its ups and downs and has certainly been painful (deliberately and usually in a good way) to follow their stories given how tragic they can be. I only hope they pull off the right ending.

Does anyone know what Kara is? I'm a little lost there :confused:. Thanks for any insight

It's ambiguous. I've heard angel or demon (who's able to walk the other and not just be in someone's head). Evidently her role was some messenger (reincarnated from the original Kara) to get them to "Earth".

It's ambiguous. I've heard angel or demon (who's able to walk the other and not just be in someone's head). Evidently her role was some messenger (reincarnated from the original Kara) to get them to "Earth".

Thanks PFKMan23. It seems that is what I'm reading as well. I hope they shed more light on it in the fall series.

• 2 weeks later...

When I told people during the first season, that BSG would culminate with a Golgafrinchan ending I got laughed at. Well they aint laughing now.

At least all of the wrapping up didn't turn out to be as protracted and insipid as Return Of The King.

I choose to believe that "farmer" Baltar was killed by a lion after about 3 days in the wild. It's the only way that I can begin to accept that horrible ending. Just finished watching about 2 minutes ago.

You love Baltar, you know you do :laugh:

How many more seasons are left?

Well there is the Caprica spin-off.

Edited by deepak

• 2 months later...