Demonoid's down

jinp6301

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-shut-down-by-cria-070925/

As of now it is still unsure what exactly happened, but the popular Dutch news site nu.nl reports that the CRIA is responsible for the downtime.

TorrentFreak contacted some of the Demonoid administrators, but they are not sure what happened either. It is certainly possible that Demonoid?s Canadian ISP pulled the plug after being pressured by the CRIA. The Demonoid server is still pinging, but the ISP could have firewalled the everything after they received some serious legal threats. Deimos, the founder and the head admin of the site is unreachable and has not responded yet.

This is not the first time Demonoid suffers major downtime due to pressure from the anti-piracy lobby. Demonoid had to move its servers from The Netherlands to Canada in June after The Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN filed a subpoena against Demonoid?s ISP. BREIN had asked the ISP to take Demonoid offline and hand over the administrator?s personal details, but Demonoid relocated their servers before any harm was done.

Unfortunately, it now seems that Canada is not the ?safe haven? as they expected it to be.

Demonoid tracks over a million .torrent files and is the second largest BitTorrent tracker after The Pirate Bay. The shutdown of the site and tracker is a huge blow for the BitTorrent community that lost 2 of the most popular BitTorrent trackers (TorrentBox was taken offline for US users a few hours ago) within 24 hours.

More info soon!

fucking canadians!!!

agreed. no matter how much better OiNK is for music, it's way too hard to maintain a good ratio, and even though i have a decent ratio atm, i'm afraid to download anything that i want

Exactly... Its VERY easy to maintain 1+ at demonoid. Its almost im possible to do that at oink. I was VERY carefulthere, and I still went on ratio watch about a week ago. It only took me a day to get out of it, but damn I can't download a single thing without my ratio going to shit.